Chapter 18

Emily: hey, I'm really exited for today!❤️
Ash: same! See you later❤️

At about 7:30 I walk downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom is still in bed since she doesn't have work today so I make myself some lucky charms. I heard there is a Starbucks further along the Main Street so I walk upstairs to get ready. The things I pull out of my wardrobe are a pair of black ripped jeans, a cropped white adidas t-shirt and a bomber jacket, I put them on after having a shower and doing light make up. My phone lights up, it's Blake.
"Hey," he beams.
"Hi," I smile.
"Are you in the house?" He asks.
"Actually I was just going out to get a Starbucks, do you want to come?" I question cheerily.
"Yes, come over to mine and we'll walk," he giggles. I end the call, grab some money, slip some white converse on and walk out.
"Hey," Blake says, walking out of his house as I cross the street.
"Hey," I smile as he pulls me into a hug on his drive.
"I actually can't stay for too long, my mom's gonna pick me up from Starbucks in half an hour because I have somewhere to go," he explains.
"Where you going?" I smirk. Blake sighs,
"Therapy."
"Oh, I'm actually there tomorrow," I giggle. We walk towards Starbucks, Blake guiding me and telling me the main way to go and the shortcuts. We take all of the shortcuts and get there in 10 minutes.
"What do you want?" He asks.
"A chocolate frappé, but I'll pay," I reply.
"Nope," he smirks, "could I have two chocolate frappés please."
Before he can I slam the correct change on the counter and giggle. Instead he hands the money directly to the cashier and she doesn't take my money.
"Blake!" I shout, lightly pushing him.
"Sorry, but I did say I was going to pay," he laughs. The cashier rolls her eyes at us and giggles. We get our drinks and sit down at a small, round table at the very back corner of the shop.
"Why'd you choose here?" Blake questions.
"Because it's out of the way, and I don't like people," I smile.
"Why don't you like people?" He giggles.
"Normal people scare me." I respond. We both laugh as we drink our drinks.
Blake's mom arrives as we finish and takes him away, I decide to go for a wander. It's only 8:45 so I take the long way round, the back of the estate. This side is probably the most quiet part of town but it's definitely the prettiest. The trees are all on the verge of brown since it's nearly fall, some are still green with pink and white blossoms on every branch. I usually hate humidity because it messes with my hair but on days like this I love it. Blake would have been nice to walk with though, I miss him already. There aren't many kids walking around this side, not much life, just pretty gardens and old people. Just then my phone buzzes, 'Blake Gray posted a photo' I click on it and it's a selfie, a cute one. I like it and comment 'cute👻👻' underneath, I get a few notifications back saying things like 'aw goals!' and 'cuties😏' but other comments are things like 'you make me sick' and 'I hate you, drink bleach'. I decide to ignore these and focus on a particular one, 'I love you👻👻' from Blake. I walk into my house with a huge grin on my face.