Chapter 5

I run up the stairs and have a shower and wash my hair. After my shower I blow dry my hair and straighten it. I put some light makeup on then go into my wardrobe to pick out an outfit. Finally I decide on a grey crop top, high waisted light wash denim shorts and my white converse. I calmly jog downstairs after slipping some change into my pocket and sit on the sofa with my mom waiting for Blake to come.
"Can I meet him?" My mom smirks.
"I mean if you really want to..." I reply.
"Yes!" She screeches a little too loudly. We both burst out laughing. Then we hear a knock at the door.
"I'll get it!" My mom smiled. I decide to follow her so Blake wouldn't feel as awkward, but when I reached the door they were having a conversation and they both seemed pretty chill about it.
"Hey Blake," I say cheerily.
"Hey Ashley," he replies in the same sort of tone.
"Right, I'll let you both head out, see you both later!" My mom giggles. I walk out the door and for a moment we were in silence, still not an awkward one though.
"Where are we going?" I ask.
"Do you really want to know?" He teases.
"Yes!" I plead.
He sighs dramatically, "fine, the park."
"There's a park around here?" I ask enthusiastically.
"Yeah, just round the corner," he says laughing.
"What's so funny?" I smirk.
"Nothing, come on!" He shouts grabbing my hand. We both run, me tailing behind a little bit until we get to the park. He lets go of my hand and I follow him to the swings, I kind of wish he was still holding it because he made me feel safe.
"Hey look at those kids over there," Blake laughs. I look over and there's 2 kids, twins. The boy is trying to give the little girl a piggy back but she keeps falling off.
"Come on let's go and help them," I whisper.
"Why?" He asks.
"It'll be fun, I promise," I giggle, grabbing his hand and pulling him over to the kids.
"Hey," I say to them both.
"Hi!" They reply in unison.
"Do you need any help?" I ask.
"Yeah actually, I'm trying to give Kelsey a piggy back and it's not working," the boy huffs.
"It's because Joseph isn't strong enough," the girl, who I now know is called Kelsey, said.
"Well why don't I give Kelsey a piggy back and Blake will give Joseph a piggy back?"  I ask. Blake just stares at me as a grin forms on his face.
"So what's your name?" Joseph questions, jumping on Blake's back.
"I'm Blake," he replies.
"What's your name?" Kelsey asks, jumping on my back.
"Ashley," I say.
"Let's race," Blake grins.
"Yay!" Both twins say together. Blake starts running around the park so I follow him. The twins are laughing and so are me and Blake, it was perfect. We run back to the spot where we originally were and put them both down.
"I'm exhausted!" I exaggerate. Everyone laughs.
"Let's play truth or dare!" Joseph giggles.
"Okay," we all say, sitting down.
"Ashley, truth or dare?" Kelsey asks.
"Truth!" I shout.
"Okay, so are you and Blake dating?" She says as her and Joseph burst into laughter. I look at Blake and he shrugs his shoulders at me, so I say:
"No, we aren't."
"Your turn to ask, Ashley," Joseph reminds me.
"Joseph, truth or dare?" I ask.
"Dare!" He screams. I try to think of a silly dare for a young boy to do.
"I dare you to sit on Blake's head," I smirk. He sits on him for about 20 seconds and then goes and sits back down before saying,
"Blake, truth or dare?"
"Dare," Blake grins.
Joseph giggles, "I dare you to kiss Ashley, on the lips,"
A wave of heat rushes through my body. If he does do it, it'll be my first kiss, I know I'm 15 but I've never even had a proper boyfriend before. He looks at me almost like he's asking me if he should, I smile a bit and shrug my shoulders like he did to me. He just looks at me.