24

Ashton awoke in a fit, hands flailing and legs beside him were twitching. He glanced to his right where Mason's arms were unknowingly flinching and she was practically horse kicking his calf, but he didn't mind, instead he pulled her closer regardless of having to catch a flight soon.

"Mason," he whispered, shaking her gently and watched as her eyelids fluttered open.

He thought she looked like a princess, heck he wished she could be his queen because he would give her the crown and head thrown if he could. She wasn't wearing any makeup and he was seeing all one hundred percent of her flaws and he still thought she was the most breathtaking human he's ever laid eyes on.

"Hm?" She mumbled, raising her hand up to rub the sleep out of her eyes, yet she unintentionally slapped Ashton hardcore in the face because she refused to put the effort in keeping her arm up in the air.

"Tour starts soon," he mentioned, hoping she'd remember that his flight back to Australia and his band is in a few hours.

"Right, because you're famous and I keep forgetting," she replied, glancing at him and smiling sadly.

"I have a flight to catch today," he said abruptly, leaving no time to ease her into it. He pried off the bandage, and once he saw her facial expression, he wished he had soaked the bandaid in warm water and wielded it off that way.

"Okay," she moped, ripping the covers off her body and standing up from the bed, only to walk to the closet and leaving no time in between for Ashton's comfort, "Well we better get going then."

She grabbed an outfit from the hangers--a pair of light wash ripped skinnies, a black halter top, a black and white checkered flannel paired off with her all black medium top converse.

Mason hastily threw on her outfit, not caring about being in her bra and underwear momentarily in front of him. It wasn't that she was mad about him leaving because she knew it was going to happen sometime, she was mad at herself for getting attached too easily because now she felt clingy and despised that.

"You coming?" She called after Ashton as she grabbed her keys and headed out the door, speed walking down the hall, just hoping he would catch up, in which he did.

The car ride was dead silent, only the vibration of the heater could be heard. He knew she was upset, the time they spent together was limited and he felt like their relationship had changed, and he didn't know what to.

"I'm going to miss you," she whispered, hands clenched on the steering wheel, her knuckles turning white. She refused to look at him, knowing she'd break down in tears. It was hard for her to let go of him when he just got here.

"So come with me," he said abruptly, turning towards her with a glint of emotion in his eyes. He knew it was far fetched and the chances of her agreeing was slim, but it was worth a shot, "I mean, you-you've always wanted to go to Australia, why not give it a go?"

She sighed, "You've seen my apartment, Ash, you know I'll never be able to afford it."

"Perks of having a famous person as your best friend," he addressed, glancing at her and searching her eyes.

"Ashton, I-I can't do that. Take your money, bombard your life, it wouldn't be right."

"You're not bombarding if I'm inviting you," he acknowledged, looking at her with pleading eyes.