Chapter 1

A/N-Chara and the reader are both gender neutral, they are both in their teens, (definitely older than 15 tho) and if you want to, listen to that song up there,that was the inspiration to write this ^-^ (the song is stay with me by sam smith if the link doesnt work for somebody)

also only Chara talks in bold and the reader and everyone else is the normal letters-for those who maybe wont get it

(Y/n)'s POV

There is a legend. A legend that the ghost of a person lives in the Underground all alone. All of the monsters are currently free, living on the surface...but that one lost soul stayed trapped in the Underground. Not being able to escape, or leave on its own...because its destiny was to live in there alone, forever. I heard these stories almost daily ever since the monsters were freed. Everyone said they were too afraid to go down there, and they couldn't since the Underground has been blocked off. The villagers voted to close the entrance so nobody could pass through.

I just honestly really want to go there. It might just be because it's forbidden to go which is making me more curious, but I just can't hold back this need to know what's really inside the mountain.

Today is Friday. A nice day, really, to go outside. Today is the day I decided I'll find an entrance other than the main one, which is blocked off, and try to get into the "Underground" to see if the legends were true. I put on some comfortable clothes for hiking and took a bottle of water, packing it up into my backpack. I made sure to let my parents know I'm only going for a walk through the village, so I don't have to worry about them. I head towards the door, and after putting on my shoes, I open the door.

''Mom,i'm off!''

I yelled out to my mother, and exited the house, heading over to Mt.Ebott. Since it wasn't so far from my house, I don't need that much time to get to it. As I arrived to the mountain, I started climbing the side. 'It's now or never (Y/N)...' I say to myself, as I ascend upon the rocky path.

Rock by rock I climbed up, the sun shining bright on my back. Around 10 minutes passed, and eventually I arrived at the top. I had a few cuts here and there, but hey, I'm still alive. As i came to the top, I turned around to look at the village behind the forest leading up to the mountain.

It was beautiful, really a gorgeous view from up here. I tightened my grip on my backpack strap, and turned around. 'Okay, let's do this.' I started walking forward, until I came to a giant hole in the ground, almost falling over a random root. ''Phew, that was close..well, I guess I found my way in..?"

I leaned over the hole, and it just looked like an endless dark abyss. The sunlight peering from behind me kind of helped me see, but I couldn't quite tell what was at the bottom from this far away. I picked up a nearby rock, throwing it down the hole.

The rock kept falling for about 10 seconds, and then I heard it hit the ground. I made the conclusion that I'll have to go down by holding on to the rocks on the side of the 'cave' somehow. I fist bumped the air and then took a deep breath.

''Okay,let's do this!''

-timeskip-

After that long hell of a way down, I finally touched the ground with my feet. 'Phew, finally...That took me a while.' I looked up, and saw that the exit could barely be seen from here.