Chapter 8

A/N- I WANTED TO SAY, CHARA'S PAST IN HERE IS JUST FICTION, it has nothing to do with the game, it's just their story in this au, entirely made up for extra angst purposes. Asriel is also alive in here, i basically changed up the whole timeline a bit,,
Also omg pls listen to the song i put up if you can-it helps the mood and i absolutely love it T~T

(h/c) is hair colour just so you know

(Y/N)'s POV

"I really stayed up all night AGAIN, huh.. I can't believe myself..." 'After looking at the sky for a bit last night, I ended up reading my book, AGAIN, and forgot to actually go and sleep...' Sighing, I placed a bookmark between the pages of my book, and closed it.

"Looks like I'll need a side of coffee with my breakfast today.. I can't believe I haven't slept though, I'm a whole dumbass..." Getting out of bed, I stretch my sore muscles from sitting in the same position for the whole night, and start getting ready.

After getting dressed and eating breakfast, I make myself a cup of instant coffee and pour it in my usual water bottle. It's heat resistant so I'm not really worried about it breaking under the heat or anything.

Grabbing my backpack off the floor, I bolt out the front door. My parents are still asleep, so there's nobody to say goodbye to. Although I did leave them a note on the kitchen table saying I'm going to 'stay over at a friends' house', already having explained this to them a few days ago.

I'm still really confused as to why they're not more interested in where I'm going almost every day, but hey, I'm not complaining. They always knew how to give me my own space.

As I walk along the forest path leading to the mountain, I suddenly get an odd feeling in my gut. It's almost as if...Somebody's watching me or something?

I quickly stop in my tracks and look around; but there's nobody to be seen anywhere. Although I can't help but still feel a sense of restlessness. I continue walking to the mountain without having seen anyone, but in the corner of my eye I spot a pile of backpacks by a tree.
Rolling my eyes and speeding up my pace, I almost run towards the mountain, trying to avoid any trouble.

"Those fucking bullies...Don't they have better things to do..."

Chara's POV

"Fucking nuisances, I'm so sick of them..."

I hear a grumpy voice talking from the distance, as I sit up from my spot in front of the cave entrance. I decided to wait for (Y/N) up here from now on, so they won't have to go down the rope by themselves. I saw their hands injured already as is, it still surprises me where they get all their strength from... As I see a familiar head of (h/c) hair climbing up, a smile makes its way onto my face. I don't know when or how, but I really did get attached to this human. I flew over to their side, levitating by their head.

"Good morning sunshine, did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"Oh I dunno, why don't you ask that stick up your ass about that..."

They scoffed at me, looking away for a second and then sighing. I placed my feet back down on the ground, walking around them to face them. "Oh shit I'm sorry, did something actually happen?" They looked over at me, and then I noticed. Their hair was a whole mess, their pupils wide and not to mention the eye bags under their eyes. "No. I'm sorry, that was rude of me...You don't need to apologise-I just ran into unwanted things on my way here, it's nothing important..."