13.Trying to get him off my mind~

Lucy's POV

I bring my knees to my chest and rock back and forth on my heels. I whisper his name in my mind. Unable to speak, desperately hoping he can hear me. I punctuate each rock with his name

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Unmoving, his stillness frightening me. How can anything other than a corpse be so still?

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Wendy's hands are over him, mouth frantically mouthing the words that could save him from death.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

He's not even breathing.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

His skin is cold to the touch.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Silent tears stream down my face. I bring my knees closer to my chest.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Wendy wipes sweat from her brow and looks at me with desperate eyes. It's not working. He's not healing.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

I don't care that it's cold, or that I soaked. And I'm only dimly aware that the rain is torrential, sharing my grief and displaying it to the world.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Wendy sits back on her heels. Natsu's still frozen and panic overrides me. Is she giving up? She still has magic left! She could heal him! I scream the words at her. Her eyes brim with tears but I don't care. She can heal him. She can... She has to. I'm on all fours, hurling abuse at her. She sits there and is quiet, knowing she can't stop me. I can't control my actions and I break down onto his chest and sob.

Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu. Natsu.

Please be alive. Come back to me.

I can't hold in my distress and fear, and it soon consumes me and I fall into a pit of darkness.

Sting's POV

She's still unconscious. She fainted a few hours ago and still hasn't woken. We took her and Natsu back to the Guild. Natsu had started breathing properly again, but he hasn't moved yet. Lucy scared the shit outta poor Wendy. Yelling and screaming different things at her but I think she was just scared. If Natsu died... Lucy'd be a wreak. She already had a fever from being in the lake and his condition hadn't helped her feel better.

I walk over to the infirmary and stand in the doorway. Wendy's draped across Natsu's bed, exhausted from healing him. Lucy was in the bed beside his, restless in her sleep. It hurts to see her like this in such a fragile state when she's usually so full of life.

We were all discussing what do do in the guild hall when suddenly  I feel something warm bump into me and I turn my neck to see Lucy standing behind me, eyes red and face pale.

"Drink please?" She croaks out. Laxus stands so she can take his seat and I wander off to get her a drink.

"Yeah. Thanks Sting." She says accepting the drink. 

"so what were you guys talking about?" she said her cheeks going back to their natural rosy colour.

"We were planning to do something fun." Rouge says suddenly. Ah, what the fuck Rouge?

Lucy shakes her head violently. "No, no, no. I couldn't leave Natsu alone when he's like this. I mean, it'd be irresponsible and-"

"Come on Lucy. Do you really think Natsu would want you to sit next to his bed and mope?" I can see her considering his offer.