41- It's been a month

* * *
Aneel

My eyes scanned over the large crowd of people heading towards the door. I felt my hands sweating as I joined them. I stopped for a second, wiping my hands on my tracksuits before taking hold of my luggage again. My heart beat increased as I went through the first door. This is it, I'm only a couple of minutes away from seeing Aisha again after a month.

Four long weeks without seeing her and I was missing her more than ever. It wasn't even absence of feeling her that I missed the most but the smaller things. Every morning when I woke up, I always expected her to be right beside me or me turning around to put my arm around her and having our stupid morning conversation. I missed the way she would always put a hand on my back or arm as she walked past me which she doesn't even realise she does herself. I just missed her. A lot.

The last month was a lot harder than I thought. I had expected us to argue a bit but not as much as we did. First of all, the distance was taking a toll as we weren't able to be near each. It wasn't even sexual frustration it was just not being able to hold her or hug her or even a little peck. I thought that it would be the big things that I would miss but I didn't realise how important the small things were. We tried to talk whenever we could or even FaceTime but the time difference made it really difficult. I was always at work and even if I came back to the hotel I would still be doing work for the next day so I barely got to speak to her. She eventually got fed up because she said she stayed up all night for me just to talk and then I always ended the call two minutes later. She was right, I was being unfair. That's when we decided that we would stop trying to talk everyday because that was downright impossible. We spoke about two times a week and I always made sure I had that time free for her. She had mentioned she started accounting for Carly's bakery which was good since she wanted a job in accounting. But there were days when she would be so frustrated with it all that she wanted me to hold her but I couldn't do that.

"Hey, look who it is!" I heard Hassan cheer. He had the camcorder covering half his face but I knew he was smiling. Maya had a hand on her growing bump and waved with the other. I then moved over to look at the next person but realised there was no one standing beside them. I frowned as I stood beside them.

"Hey guys," I mumbled. Hassan lowered the camcorder and raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. I just expected Aisha to be here."

"Oh!" He suddenly laughed and took a step back. "You see this, ladies and gentlemen, this is the look of a man who hasn't seen his wife in a month. He doesn't even care that his own brother drove here with his sister-in-law and future nephew. This sad man-"

"Aisha!" I pushed past my brother and ran over to Aisha who had her head down whilst trying to open the bottle of water. I stopped for a few seconds as I admired the frown she had on her face as she concentrated on walking. I felt my palms get all sweaty again due to the nerves of being able to see her face to face after such a long time. I could look into her eyes and tell her I love her again. "Aisha!" I heard her scream as I twirled her around. Damn I missed her too much.

"Aneel put me down!" I laughed out loud as I set her down on her feet. She turned around with the biggest smile I ever saw and I couldn't help but lean down to kiss her. I kept it short since we weren't really one to make out in public. "I missed you so much!" I grinned at her as I lifted her in my arms again.

"I missed you more!" I cheered as I twirled her around again.

"Aneel stop it!" I smiled even more as I twirled her around once again. "Aneel, stop! I'm pregnant!" It took everything in me not to drop her that instead due to the shock of her words. I slowly put her down again and looked at her. She raised a hand to my cheek with a smile on her face. "It was going to be a surprise for when we got home- so surprise," she whispered.

I felt my eyes tear up as I looked down at her. "You being serious?" She eagerly nodded her head and I sighed in relief. Finally. But I was still in shock. I was going to be a dad. I was going to have someone relying on me- someone looking up to me. "I'm going to be a dad? I'm going to be a dad." I then turned around to the crowd who were busy hugging their loved ones. "Everyone! I'm gonna be a dad!" Aisha smacked my shoulder as everyone looked over at me. "I'm going to be a dad!" I heard a few people clapping and cheering as I turned around and hugged her again. I felt the tears run down my cheeks as I laughed. I was going to be a father. This was finally happening. This was the start of our family.

* * *
JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO! NEXT WEEK I WILL UPLOAD THE EPILOGUE AND MARK IT COMPLETED! I AM WAY TO EXCITED FOR THIS 😂