Texting While Driving That's A No No

Mackenzie's POV

I bite my lip and put my feet on the dash board, I turn my head and look at Max looking at his phone. "What do you think your doing?" I ask, Max jumps and his phone flies out of his hand.

"What were you doing?" I ask, "No texting while driving." Troian says from the middle row of the SUV, "You said it Troy." I say and grab Max's phone, "You were texting Jared. About the golf game?" I ask looking at the text, "Maybe." I say, "For shame!" Alexis giggles.

Max playfully rolls his eyes and turns down the street. And stops the car, I look at the house and get out of the car. I open the back door and Troian jumps into my arms, I laugh and see Max giving Alexis a piggy back ride and we walk up the driveway. Max opens the door, "Mister and Misses Disick." God that's going to take some time to get used to. "I am Jacob Mayfield this house has eight bedrooms and ten baths, with a in ground pool, guest house and music and screening room, and fully equipped kitchen.

I bite my lip and look around. "Feel free to take a look and find me when your ready." Jacob says and walks off.

I set Troian down and her and Alexis run around and go up the stairs. "Girls! Don't break anything!" Max yells, "Scratch that! Don't TOUCH anything!" He yells. Max grabs my hand and we walk up the grands staircase and down one of the hallways. I stop walking for a second. "What?" Max asks.

"This is it, this is my old house, well it's set up just like my old house, I moved right before you came to town." I say and fight back a few tears.

-That Night-

I shut Alexis room door and look at Max asleep on the chair. I walk into our bedroom and over to my closet and grab the box from the top shelf, I grab the metal spiral of the old blue note book, I walk over to the light fireplace. I sit on the floor and flip through the pages, tears filling to my eyes from the memory's. The nightmares eventually stopped and I stopped being freaked out every time we took Alexis and Troian to the boardwalk.

I read through my curly handwriting and turn and watch the flames dance. In one fluid motion I throw the notebook in the fire. I feel my eyes sting from the heat of the fire and the tears in my eyes.

I shut them and lay on the floor next to the fireplace and listen to the crackle of the flames. My eyes fly open and I shut off the fireplace and grab the tongs and pull the notebook out of the fire and beat the flames.

After a few minutes after the notebook cools down and I wipe the tears and stand up. I walk out of the flat and knock on Brooklyn's door. It opens a few seconds later. I drop the notebook on the doorway and squat down and cover my face with my hands.

"Kenzie." Brooklyn says and kneels down next to me and looks at the book, she wraps her arms around me but I don't budge and start hiccuping.

"Shh...It's okay Kenzie, it's over. It's over." She says, I shake my head.

"It'll never be over."

-3 Days Later-

"Kenzie..." Max whines, "Maxwell." I whine back, "That house was perfect." He says and runs next to me as Beckett pulls me along. "I know you thought it was perfect but Alexis and I didn't find it perfect." I say and turn down the street.

"Where are we?" I ask and look around, "I have no idea." Max says, "Oo for sale sign." I say and run down the sidewalk and grab the slip of paper. "Kenzie." Max groans like a little kid. "Maxy." I groan back.

"Okay, there's a frozen yogurt place a few blocks down lets talk about it there." Max says, "Nothing to talk about." I say and let Beckett practically walk me and Max grabs my hand. "No matter how much you beg. It's a no. Sorry babe." I say and keep walking.

-That Night-

"Do it." Brooklyn says and points at the fire. "No." I say and bite my thumb nail and look at the flames. "Do it before Max and the girls come back." She says again.

"I can't." I shake my head, my voice so quiet I don't think Brooklyn heard it. "Mackenzie you do it or I will!" Brooklyn says and picks up the notebook, the half charred notebook. It starts to fall apart in her hands. "Careful!" I snap.

Brooklyn looks at me to the flames and then back at me before her arm throws the notebook into the fire.

I sit on the ground with my ankles crossed and knees pressed up against my chin and my arms wrapped around my legs.

"Get out." I say hoarsely, "Kenzie, it's what's best." Brooklyn says and squats down and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Get out." I turn my head to face her. "Please." I sniffle.

Brooklyn gets up and walks out of the flat and shuts the door. I wipe under my eyes but I keep blinking and more tears keep coming.

Brooklyn's POV

That f*cking journal. Why did she keep it for almost ten years! I put my back against the wall and sink down and put my knees against my chest.

I hear pitter patter of little feet on the hallway and turn my head and see Alexis run down the hallway. "Brooklyn! We went to the park and saw Ross and Bradley there and Ross he um...he asked where you were!" Alexis says in her adorable little voice.

"That's great lexi! I say and Troian runs down the hallway. "Did you tell her about Ross?" She asks, "Beat you to it babe." I smile and stand up, "Why don't you girls sleep over at my flat and surprise Riley in the morning." I say and press my ear against the wall and hear Mackenzie crying.

Max comes down the hallway, "Daddy! Can we sleep over at Riley's?!" Alexis and Troian say at the same time, I laugh slightly. Max looks at me for a second and I shake my head. "Sure girls." Max says and rushes into their flat.

Mackenzie's POV

Have any of you seen Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 1? Remember when belletrix tortured hermione? And cut 'Mud blood' on her arm.

Now imagine me in hermione's position, but the blood is dry and it doesn't spell out the word. Just six lines across my arm. Staring back at me as a tear runs out of the corner of my eyes and down my cheek.

The door opens and I sit up. I quickly wipe away the tears and Max walks over and sits down behind me and spreads his legs so that I am behind him. I lean against his chest and grabs my hand. "Stop." I say weakly as he pulls up my sleeve. I turn away and shut my eyes. "We are going to be okay." He whispers and kisses my arm.

A/N Ha ha ha

COMMENT BEFORE I DIE!!

Comment what you think should happen because I am out of ideas.

~Ridley