Bright Lights

Mackenzie's POV

"What happened?"

"I had a miscarriage," I sob and wipe under my eyes. "Oh Kenzie," Fizzy bends down to my height on the bed. "I mean consider what is happening this is a good thing." I say and Fizzy moves my hair back. "No Kenzie don't say that!" Fizzy says and hugs me.

"It hurts," I cry. "What hurts Mackie?" Fizzy says, "Everything! My stomach, my head, my heart, it hurts Fizzy. My husband slept with my best friend I just lost my baby and my whole life's falling apart because I kissed my ex boyfriend who's married with two kids and my life was hell and then it awesome and now it's just spiraling out of control." I wipe under my eyes and look at Fizzy.

"I am so sorry." Fizzy says.

-1 Week Later-

"So this proposition?" I ask and look at Steven. He stares at me for a moment. "I am so sorry Kenzie." He says, I sigh and look away. "Have you talked to him?" He asks, "Not since it happened." I say, "Can we just get on with it?" I ask, Steven nods and runs a hand through his hair. "I heard you auditioned for a new show." He says, "Mhm." I nod.

"I auditioned for the same show, but before it starts I am going on tour. Small one this time just around the country and London."

"I want you to come with me."

"I have kids Steven, Max wouldn't let me leave the city without someone talking to him. I just got Jared to talk to him about taking the kids to England in two weeks." I say, Steven sticks out his bottom lip.

"Maybe if you talk to him personally you can find a way to compromise, will you please do this?" Steven asks, "And what is the full extent of 'this'?" I ask, "Dancer and duet singer and possibly opening act." He says. "It starts in April." (It's December now)

"I'll ask." I say, "And if you make up before than then he could come with." He says, I roll my eyes. "Yeah, that will happen."

-2 Weeks Later-

"Kenzie,"

"Mackenzie look at me!"

I flinch slightly and look up at Brooklyn across the street. "It's didn't mean anything." She says, I roll my eyes and open my mailbox. "No Brooklyn, it meant something to me." I say and grab my mail and walk back towards my property.

"Kenzie we were drunk." Brooklyn says and walks towards the courtyard. "You take step onto my property and I will call the police." I say, Brooklyn looks at me for a second before turning around and waling back to her house. "Hey darlin how's the leg?" I ask and look at the brace free leg she is very happy to have. (If you don't remember Lexi broke her leg a while ago)

"Good." Lexi says, I pick her up and walk into the kitchen. "Good, and are you excited to go to England today?" I ask, Lexi laughs and I kiss her cheek and look at the bags. "Jared we gotta go!" I yell, Jared walks down the stairs with Landon.

"Going home for Christmas! Going home for Christmas!" Troian says happily, "I have never been to England." Jaide says, "You'll love it, snow everywhere." I say, Jaide smiles and I look at Jared. "Ready?" I ask, he nods and we walk out of the house and to the car.

-In England-

"Perrie." I sob and hug her, "Oh Kenz, we're sorry." She says, I hiccup and feel other people joining in the hug. "I don't deserve this." I say, "Of course you don't Mickie." Eleanor says.

I pull away and wipe my face and look at them. "I am sorry." I say and turn and grab my keys and jacket and walk outside. I put on my black jacket and get in the car and drive out of the courtyard and down the street.

Years later and it's still there. Better than ever actually. They flash to the beat of the music playing and I keep the heat on in the car and get out and look at the lights.

After a few silent minutes of remembering when Max brought me here, and then proposed to me.

A car pulls up next to mine and I sigh and hear someone get out. "Mickie," I turn around and look at Max. "Hi." I say weakly and turn back around. "Can we talk?" He asks, something inside me gives up and I run a hand through my show covered hair and nod.

"I miss...both of you."

"I didn't sleep with Brooklyn."

I turn around and look at Max. We said it at the same time. "What?" I ask, "I was hammered, so was Brooklyn. Kenz, I thought I did but I didn't." I shut my eyes and remember Brooklyn complaining about getting her period before the party.

"Max," I open my eyes. "That's not the point. You were going to. That's the sad part. You didn't think about the effect it would have. Max!" I scream when he picks me up and I hit him and he throws me in to a snow bank. "What the hell?" I ask and he jumps in next to me.

"Mackenzie Danielle Disick." Max says and lays on top of me. I groan in annoyance and he looks down at me. "You are the love of my life. What I did does not excuse what I did. I forgive you and I want you to forgive me. I miss you and my children. I want you back."

"Max." I say, "Mackenzie, I love you with all my heart. I miss you." Max says, "That's the best you can do?" I ask, "Maxwell Henry Disick we are lying in a snow bank in four degree weather and you tell me that after a month that you miss me." I say.

"Mackenzie Disick will you marry me again? This time I will stick by our vows I will continue to love you for the rest of my life. This last month has been hell. You are my first and only love and what I did was absolutely unacceptable.

"Time stops when I am with you, I love you and everything about you, your smile, your laugh, your sense of humor, your voice, your hair, the way you look when you play with our children." I cut Max off and put my finger to his lips.

I love him, I really really do.

"I Mackenzie Danielle Disick, take you Maxwell Henry Disick. To have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love you,

forgive you, and trust you till death do us part."

Max smiles and I look at his perfect white teeth to his brown eyes. I smile back.

"I Maxwell Henry Disick take the love of my life Mackenzie Danielle Disick to have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, I promise to love you, forgive you, and trust you till death do us part."

I smile and laugh slightly. "Do you happen to have my ring?" I ask, "You mean the one you threw at me?" Max asks and takes it out of his pocket and puts it on my finger. "I love you." He says.

"Shut up and kiss me." I say and kiss Max's lips. We pull away a few seconds later. "I am cold." Max says and I laugh, "You wanna see your kids?" I ask, "So much." He says, "Then get off me." I groan and Max gets up and pulls me up with them.

"Hold on." I say and grab Max's arms and he wraps them around me. We stare at the lights for a few minutes. "Alright I am cold." I break the silence and Max laughs and we get back into our cars.

-At Home-

"DADDY!" Alexis screams and Max squats down and she runs into her arms. "Hi Lexi." He says and lifts her up. "Troian!" I call she walks down the stairs sleepily and sees Max. "Daddy!" She says happily and runs over.

Jaide joins and I laugh at all three of them attacking Max. "Oh my girls." Max says and I join in the hug.

"Maaaaaxxx!" Jared says and I burst out laughing and he runs in and joins in the hug. "I have missed you most of all Baby!" Max says to Jared. I laugh and detach Alexis from Max. She's always been daddy's girl.

"Bed time now girls." I say, "But dadd-" I cut Troian off. "Daddy will still be here in the morning." I say, and kiss each of their cheeks.

"I need to tell you something." I say to Max and take off my boots and jacket. "What's up babe?" He asks, I sigh and walk into the living room and sit on the couch and Max sits next to me. "I um...I lost the baby." I say and Max looks at me.

"Well are you okay?" He asks, "Physically yes, emotionally no." I say and Max grabs my arm and pulls me into him. "I am so sorry Kenzie, I love you." He says, I keep quiet and listen to his heart beat for minutes.