It's Not True

Mackenzie's POV

I wipe under my eyes and stare at Max. "It doesn't make any sense," I say and sniffle and sit on the bed and stare at the wall.

"I know you and Brooklyn haven't made up yet, but I think this is hitting her harder than you," Max says and I watch him try and hold the tears back. "But it's hitting you hard too?" I ask, Max nods and clear my throat. "I had a dream about this," I say and Max looks at me, I sigh and stand up and pull on my boots and beanie and jacket and walk to the doorway.

"It didn't make sense then, it doesn't make sense now," I say and turn and walk down the hallway and down the stairs and outside. I walk across the street and see him sitting on the front steps. "Your trespassing," is all I say to him as I take out my key and unlock the door. "Mickie," he says weakly and I shut my eyes. "Let me explain," I open my eyes and twist the door knob and walk inside and shut the door.

"Brookie?" I call into the house, I hear sobbing come from upstairs. I run upstairs without even taking my jacket or boots off and walk down the hallway and see Brooklyn on her knees in front of Riley's room. "Brooklyn," I say quietly and walk over to her and sit down on the floor next to her. Brooklyn keeps sobbing and I rub her arm. "I am sorry," I say quietly and pry Brooklyn's hand of the door knob, she continues to sob and lays on the floor and covers her and with her face. "It sucks, I know," I sniffle myself and lay down next to her. "It doesn't make sense!" Brooklyn cries. "This isn't Pretty Little Liars shit like this doesn't happen!" She says angrily.

"I know," I say calmly. "I know," my phone starts ringing and I take it out of my pocket and see Matthew on the caller I.D. I furrow my eyebrows and answer the phone. "Matty?" I ask and I hear talking in the background. "Hey Kenzieeeeee can you give a message to my best buddy telling him a big FUCK YOU BASTARD!" The phone goes silent and it only took that one line to realize he was drunk.

I hear glass breaking downstairs and I get up and run down the stairs and over to the front door. "Woah Max stop!" I yell and run out the open front door and over to him and Max. I pull Max off of him and push him into the lawn. I turn to him. "You tricked us! All of us for five years! How could you!" I scream and stare at him. The car caught on fire, it was his car....but he wasn't inside of it.

"Just so you could escape fatherhood, and now you think your 'ready'." I have to restrain myself.

"Why Bryson? That's all I want to know."

Max sits on the grass and I stare at Bryson for minutes, and he just stands there with a bleeding lip from when Max pushed him. "Five years of listening to Riley go "Where's daddy" it hurt! And adopting your daughter! God Bryson it kills me! You sit out here hoping she'll take you back when why should she!?" I scream and turn and grab Max's hand and walk back to my house.

"If you don't leave her house in the next five minutes I am calling the cops!" I scream.

"Mommy?" I look at Jaide standing on the front steps. "Hey sweetie," I say and let go of Max's hand and run over to her and pick her up. "Your birthdays not till tomorrow, what are you doing up?"

-Next Day-

I wipe down the counter and Jaide comes out in her pajamas and I smile. "Hey sweetie!" I say happily and she smiles and I bend down and kiss her cheek. "Happy Birthday," I say and she smiles and I pick her up in my arms and walk over and throw her onto the couch.

"Your eight today!" I laugh and tickle her, she smiles and I sit down next to her. "What are we doing today?" I ask and Jaide shrugs. "What?" She asks and there is a knock at the door. "I was thinking a big old party, that me and your dad have been planning," I say and watch Troian answer the door.

I see him out of the corner of my eye and stand up and walk over to the door. "Go tell Jaide a happy birthday then go wake up your sister," I say and Troian nods and walks over to the living room.

I wait till she's out of earshot and stare at him. "I told you to leave. I will call the police," I say and Bryson just stares at me. "This isn't funny, if you dare cross into my line of vision I will have you arrested," I say and Bryson looks at Brooklyn's house.

"I'm getting on a plane tonight, back to England. Just make sure my daughter has a great birthday," he says and I roll my eyes. "She's not your daughter," I say and shut the door. My stomach does a flip and I sigh and slide down the door and onto the floor.

A/N I'M BAAAACCCKKKK!!!! PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND FOLLOW ME AND SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, ALOT HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN MY LIFE BUT I PROMISE I WILL POST A LONGER CHAPTER SOON!!

~Kate