Chapter 8

"I never lose!"

The last three words screamed by Camille before her death took place as Raphael witnesses her painful death. Camille's winning smirk was scorch onto Raphael's mind with her last words lingering in his brain like a bad tune.

Camille was undeniably right despite how much Raphael wants to deny. That promise, the position, the prove, ended up terribly wrong when he made the wrong choice. He would give up his position to Camille even if it means to die, but it was all too late. Time cannot be turned back, and he would never win Simon back.

The annihilation of Camille called for a celebration, but Raphael didn't feel that much of happiness. The only thing that lit him up was that Simon is attending the celebration. Yet he is attending with Stan who somehow had forgo what happened at the training room.

Raphael as usual, had worn a nice suit with his perfect styled ebony hair. Tidied his suit, he encountered Lily who worn a beautiful silver gown that hugged her curves. Sexy, yet none less graceful. Lily winked slightly to her leader before walking away to find Elliot, who is waiting impatiently just by the stairs.

"What took you so long?"
"Had to help Simon with his surprise."
"Surprise?"
"To Stan."

Elliot broke into an awkward smile, looking down on the floor bitterly, avoiding the look of the happy Lily. Raphael froze hearing the conversation, legs stay rooted to the solid cement ground. Fist clenched tightly as he struggles to compose himself.

Lily, totally oblivious to Elliot's actions pulled him and the latter walked reluctantly towards the destination. None of them saw the face of Raphael when they leave.

"Come on Elliot, you gotta be happy for the two of them! They look so cute!"
"Do Simon love him?"
"Duh? Can't you see how much he loves Stan?"

Lily cleared her throat before talking, acting cool. She sounded unbelievable. She didn't believe what she is saying, how would the words come out believable.

"Lily, he don't. "

Words came out of Elliot's mouth almost sound like it hurts. Elliot's face was clouded with unspeakable emotions, confusing Lily.

"Why are you so persistent about they not loving each other? Why?"
"Because..because i don't want them to hurt, forceful relationship."
"Just say that you don't want Stan to get hurt because you love him!"
"I don't!"
"Don't be so quick to reply Elliot, there's more to prove for your statement."

Lily walked off, wih your silver dress turning gracefully and her hands hugged her. She has much to prove for the two lovebirds relationship.

There's more to the eye than just few words that you said Elliot, more to the eye.

-Raphael

Raphael stood by the glass display cabinet, slighty leaning against it with his hand by the bridge of his nose. His head was pounding by the words of Lily, this weird headache that is almost real life and menacing. Forcing him to get angered.

"What the hell is wrong with me."

It's called jealousy, Raphael. You are jealous.

"I'm not!"

Don't deny it Raphael, you felt it for years when Simon was with that red head and that sexy Lightwood. Even that werewolf gets you on your nerves just because she dated Simon.

"No... He has someone else now... he will never be with me..."

That's because of your foolish actions Raphael! Just because that fledgling was accidentally turned by you, you chose him instead of Simon!

"No! I didn't turn him. I didn't. No!"

Stop trying to deny the fact Raphael, you turned him! You are a monster! You turned Simon and that fledgling! Guilt made you a bad man! Yet you were not guilty of turning Simon!

"No... no... i didn't turn Simon in purpose.. i didn't..."

You turned that fledgling because he looked like Simon! Because you would never admit that you love Simon since the first time you saw him! Because you know you would never be able to love him.

"I...i.."

You what? You hated Camille because she used what you felt for Simon against you! She knew you would keep to your promise and she knew that you love Simon!

"She don't! She don't know..."

The way your eyes glimmered with happiness when you see him, talking more words to him than to anyone else in a day, yours hands will always slightly tighten when you see him. She knew you will always deny the facts!

Raphael kept quiet, so quiet the silence was piercing. Raphael shrugged nonchalantly, bringing himself back before walking gracefully to the party.

For once Bane, thank you.

Well, you're welcomed Santiago.

Raphael walked into the surprise, Stan with a blissful face and a sweet smile of happiness and Simon chuckling.

"Stan, will you be my boyfriend? I'm sorry if i ever made you sad, angry or hurt. But, are you willing to be with me, forever and always?"

"Say yes! Say yes!"

"Yes Simon! Yes!"

"Kiss! Kiss!"

Simon pulled Stan by his waist before kissing him deeply in front of the rest. The vampires went crazy went they two kissed and the party was set off in a crazily best manner.

Raphael bited his bottom lip in jealousy before walking in gracefully, composing himself. Raphael was mad, but he couldn't blame Simon. But Simon was his to love, date, kiss and everything. Yet he loses everything to a folly he made, losing to Camille. Camille who viewed love as a toy, as a weapon, she who's controlled by her lust and powers. Camille always wanted to win, torture, power and control everything.

Camille was the abusive type. The sick and psychotic type. She would slowly savour your pain and fear while listening to the classical music that is almost unsuitable for killing. Soothing classic music.

Darling, we're just getting started.