Chapter 11

Simon smiled politely at Raphael, before turning back to the sea of stars. Raphael stared, at the quiet and peaceful Simon. He is happy, he looks happy. And definitely not bitter from the past. Raphael smiled to himself, widely.

"The light of the night is the stars and the light of the day is the sun. How i would love to see the sun, like how i always pictured it as."

"They burn,"

"They burn bright. If i could just witness the dawn, the change of nights and days."

"When we burn, we burn bright too."

Simon didn't reply to Raphael's comment, however he kept his silence and solemnity. Raphael looked upon his eyes, that was once filled with happiness, anger, guilt, hatred and sadness. He would fear, fear of all the things that was happening, fear of Camille. He brought it upon him, and he now couldn't find any single of it there. In his vast eyes are now filled with blank and emptyness.

"It's hurtful, right?"

"Hurtful?"

"Losing your memories,"

"I would think it is hurtful, but it is just this emptyness that is enveloping me. It feels like as though this emptyness is protecting from hurting. And my memories, is something i do not want to venture, this would invade the emptyness..."

"The emptyness that protected you?"

"Magnus and Alec gave a picture that my life was sweet and peaceful. Something i would desire if I'm a mundane, or even as a vampire. I just can not picture myself to have such a life. It seems almost illogical that I'm living in bliss."

"Why not? Everyone deserves happiness," especially you.

"I hear this scream, the begging, to come back to take back the memories. But i just can't bring myself to do it, or even leave these happy memories. The voices were constantly begging me to remember this specific someone, whom they proclaimed that I've loved."

Raphael shot his head up when he heard what Simon had said, and for one moment was glad Simon really did love him. He really did.

"It's okay, Simon. It's okay to be selfish for yourself. It's your choice to retrieve or not to."

"But, I'm not doing justice to the another Simon. He deserves everything i have right now."

"He do... But he would hate.... Me, again."

Raphael whispered his reply softly, and Simon strained his ears to hear it but to no avail. Simon showed a curious face while Raphael just shook his head the younger one. Raphael moved closer, Simon too. The gap between them were decreasing significantly, and it didn't took too long for them to be so close that their noses were touching each other's.

Raphael's hand cupped Simon's cheek, and his another hand was at Simon's waist. Pulling him into his hug, Raphael kissed Simon delicately, softly and lightly. The delicate kiss soon turn passionate, and the advantages of not needing to breathe certainly helped a lot.

Raphael let go of Simon after awhile, with Simon looking at his shirt in embarrassment. Raphael touched his lips and smiled to himself.

"That was awkward..."

"I like you Simon, no i love you."

"I barely knew you..."

"But I've knew you for ages, and you have an interest on me, right? We could take it slow, Simon."

"I don't know... I-"

Before Simon could finish his words, Raphael re-captured his lips within his and kissed him, deeply. Simon tried to tear off, but soon finding himself melting under the passionate kiss.

"See?"

"Okay, okay... Maybe we could try it out."

Raphael smiled at Simon, revealing his fangs slightly. Simon was so beautiful, gazing at the stars as his faint skin gave him a doll-like vibe. The messy hair, brown eyes, nervous habits were simply the cutest thing ever.

'In what luck am i able to be with him, mi sol nociento.'

___________________________

Stan paced up and down in his room, at the mess made. He was terribly drunk and absolutely had no clue about what had happened. He was definitely naked when he woke up, with Elliot beside him too, naked. Thoughts is bombarding his mind, and Simon too. He love Simon, but Elliot was a totally different story. He treated him as his friend, and Elliot had been caring for him since he was turned. Except he had been overly caring.

What have i done now? Stan, what are you doing with your life!