Chapter 1

I remember that day. Clear as day. I thought I was dead but when I had woken up, 2 days later, I was in a hospital room.

I never found out who rescued me but I thank God everyday.

God.

Someone I haven't given much thought in years. I know there is a God. I know he exists. But I never really had a relationship with him. Sure, I call out his name in times of trouble, or in sticky situations but never took the time out for him. I had such a busy life. 

I remember the day I quit. My boss was very considerate. He took a very great liking to me and he always told me I reminded him of his daughter. He informed all his workers that whenever we want to leave, do so. How many strippers have been stuck in the same dead end job because they were stuck? Because they practically sold their souls, minds and bodies just for a job? 

I remember Andy, Oh sweet Andy, who decided to stay. Said she loved the stripper life. The glamour. The money. The attention. I felt the sharp pang that I felt every time I thought of her. I should have tried harder to get her to leave. 

Currently, I am at work. Yes, work. I work as a receptionist for a small company. The money, honestly, was significantly less then my previous occupation and sometimes I feel the urge to go back. But I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to. I would have to deal with the lust filled eyes. The hungry and urgent hands. And vulgar language.

I was raised the right way but my parents thought I was too obsessed with the thought of dancing. I was a cheerleader in high school but that was the end of it. They always discouraged me from trying to contact dance teachers and such. Lord knows that I have seen one to many times the way my father's lips curled up and my mother's disapproving stare. They are loving people, really, but they didn't support my hobby. 

I checked my watch for the third time and sighed. This job really is boring. And I had to go to class afterwards. I was on my bachelor level of English Studies. I always loved writing and wished one day that I would publish my own book. About what, I do not know. 

I pushed the stress out of my mind about how to fund my masters degree. My savings from my old job could only last so much. That will come later. 

Finally, it hit 3 o clock and I happily packed up and left, saying goodbye to my co workers. I had 2 hours to myself then had to get ready for class. 

I got home and the first thing I did was get some sleep.