Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?!?"

"Can't I come to visit a friend?" he asked innocently.

I gave a poker face. "No. No you can not." I moved away 5 years ago. Actually ran away.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Still sarcastic I see." 

I kept staring.

"Fine, I'm visiting my girlfriend." 

"Jenny?"

"Who else?"

"Wow, who knew Daniel can keep a girl interested for five years?" I snorted.

"Hey!" 

I laughed. "I'm just messing with you."

There was silence as he turned to look at the church behind me. "Were you about to do something church girl?"

I looked back also and ignored the nagging feeling in me. "Nah."

"Good" he said as he pulled me out of the church yard. "It looks insanely boring."

He and I headed to a pizza place together. I haven't seen Daniel in 5 years and he really was a good friend of mine. However, me running away was something that no one expected because absolutely no one knew what I was planning. I didn't run away because I was being abused or anything. Nothing too dramatic except the fact that I wanted to feel grown, to be able to dance and not be frowned upon. It may seems dumb but in all honesty, my obsession with dancing is borderline crazy. 

"Have you visited here often?" I asked.

"I have. Atleast twice  a year. How come I have never seen you?" 

I merely shrugged. "I'm a ghost." 

We laughed a little until it died down. 

"Danny, how's school been?"

"Good. Aren't you done with yours?" 

"Almost. Well I have to be getting home. Walk me will ya?"

The sun had already set by the time we arrived at my apartment and we went our separate ways.