Chapter 2

College and work are such a drag. Shikamaru Reference. Do you have any idea how boring it is to go to work at 7 to 3, then school at 5 to 10? By then, all I can do is SLEEP. 

I am always overjoyed when we have vacations and I would have the time to have time to myself. Even though I have been living here for 4 years, I wasn't really aquatinted with my surroundings very well but I took daily walks. 

Imagine my surprise that I decided to get lost today. I didn't know whether to take right or left. But I saw a church from afar and hurried to it in order to ask questions. Church people are supposed to be nice, aren't they? I hesitated a little at the door because quite frankly, I haven't been in one in such a long time. 

I was met with a with the sight of a typical church. I wanted to get out of there as I reminisced on my past, feeling way too dirty to let alone stand in the sight of God. I stood by the door silently, not daring to take a step further, just hoping that someone would pass by any chance. I heard the sound of someone reading a bible scripture and the sounds of congregation reading along. And the sounds of them sitting again. Then I heard the sound of a piano cord being struck; so softly that I thought I was mistaken. But it kept playing and the melody was oh so beautiful. And then a voice joined and it was just as beautiful if not more. I listened intently and realized the song was none other then hallelujah.

Do not ask me how I know this. 

I peered around the corner and saw that it was a young lady, maybe no older then 19 years old that was singing. I felt my body swaying and was a little shocked. I had banned dancing from my life but even now as the thought crossed my mind, my body kept on swaying. I was so focused on her singing that I didn't realize that someone was standing next to me. 

"Hello there"

I jumped back a little as a blush rose upon my face at getting caught. 

"H-hi, umm I'm sorry. I got lost and well, came here to ask for dire--"

The man rested a hand on my shoulder, smiling gently. "It's fine. Where are you headed?"

"Aviona Street."

"You just come out from that green building, take a left until you see a street sign that says Bible street, then take a right. I think you can manage from there."

I bowed my head and tried to catch at least another another note from the singers lips but realized in disappointment that she was done. "Thank you, sir" and turned to leave. 

"Miss." I heard him call as I was at least 5 steps ahead and turned.

He looked at me intensely, "I believe God sent you here. Be sure to visit us some time."

I managed a shaky smile. "Only if I can find it."