Chapter 5

I willed my legs to move back but they seemed to have a mind of their own. I vaguely remember going this way, although I am not too sure where it had led me to before. 

It's been a while since I had that strange dream of mine. 

Two months precisely.

I felt my legs quicken their pace, seeming to search for something desperately. What it was? I didn't know. 

I walked for a block.

Two blocks.

Then three.

I felt a weird sense of deja vu as I crossed a green building and soon enough I heard the sound of a choir singing. 

I was running now. I knew I was! And as I caught a glimpse of the Church - that church - I felt at ease. I felt as if I was home. I felt safe and at peace with myself. 

I heard a voice in my head. "Come, my child."

I was entering the yard of the church, ready to enter and listen to the word of the Lord. Ready to put all the past behind me. Ready to gi----

I felt a hand yank me back, but gently. 

"Yordanny?"

I felt dizzy but turned around nevertheless. This is a new neighborhood and I knew for a fact that no one knew me, except maybe my stripper name. I made sure that no one knew my real identity or name. And I took precautions with my appearance by wearing straight wigs, contacts, heavy make up, push up bras and temporary tattoos. Who can possibly know my name? My real name?

I came face to face with a young man. 

"Yordanny? I've been following you and calling your name for the last 20 minutes!"

"Huh?" I dumbly said, trying to pull my hand away.

But the guy didn't seem to take the hint and only tightened his hand. I looked down and noticed tattoos. Two words flashed across my mind. 

Bad News!

He laughed out loud. "You looked like one hell of a mad woman!" and he kept right on laughing.

As I stood there, dumbstruck and with a stranger holding onto me, I realized that the laughter was so familiar. The high shriek then low and another low shriek then finally a higher one this time. And the sounds of a dying whale, clapping on thighs, wide mouth like you can be swallowed any moment. Then finally the straightening of his body and the hip struck, yes hip struck, and that one finger that goes up and wipes the corner of his eye with a wide smile on his lip. 

Oh my God! 

"D-d-danny?" 

His smile grew wider. "The one and only!"