When the Sun Rises, The Stars Must Go

Pepper Potts

Death is no more than passing from one room to another. But there's a difference for me, you see. Because in the next room, I will be able to see.

-Helen Keller

What is death? I had watched people die, two girls to be precise. One was shot and stabbed, while the other was decapitated. Jason had killed himself to be with the one he loved. Percy hadn't. I was proud that he didn't.

"Percy! It's six! Time for our walk!" I called out, and he jogged into the living room in track pants and a t-shirt. It was getting colder, and soon, it would start to snow.

We walked around Central Park, and dropped by a different cafe. Today was a very nice French bakery. We had breakfast, and talked for the most part. Today was like any other day.

"Before we fought in the war, I went and bought this for Annabeth." he pulled a blue box out of his pocket.

"Is that a Tiffany box?" I asked, and he opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond bracelet.

"I meant to give it to her, but I couldn't." He said, and handed it to me, "I want you to have it."

"What? Me? But this was for-"

"She can't wear it now. Not anymore, and you're the closest thing to family that actually wears diamonds so..." he trailed off. I nodded,

"I would be happy to wear this." I said, and slid it onto my wrist. "Thank you, Percy." I said, and he just smiled at me. 

Once we arrived back at Stark Towers, he left me to go swimming. I would have joined him, but he had said he needed time to think. I felt like I had to take time to think as well.

"Percy? There was a family member of yours at the tower yesterday." I said, he raised an eyebrow,

"What kind of family member?"

"She said her name was Aphrodite-"

"Damn it!" He growled,

"What's wrong?"

"They've found me. That, or she's keeping secrets from the rest of the family. What did she tell you?" He said,

"She showed us many different things. Like your tragic romantic life." I said, and he put his head down,

"Can't I ever get any peace? Did she say anything else?"

"That your family misses you."

Natasha Romanof

Percy, Clint, and I were out for coffee. Simple as that, but a bit complicated. You see, you can't have three highly classified spies sit down for coffee without something happening. In this case, it was Percy's phone buzzing. He showed us the message after reading it.

<You have been neglectful of your work.

We need the Governor of Michigan disposed of. Do not interrogate, and it must look natural.

Don't fail.>

Clint whistled,

"They're coming down like hawks. Ha... did nobody get my joke?"

"That's not really a joke..." I said, and Percy looked pale,

"Well, I guess I have to go." I grabbed his arm,

"Wait, think this through. Is it worth it?"

"I'm sorry 'Tasha, I can't say no. Orders are orders, and you know that." He said, and grabbed his coffee, and left. I felt bad for him, he was like a lost puppy. Following orders for little benefit.