~Chapter Five~

(~Possible Trigger Warning: Cutting~)

My eyes opened to the sound of my bedroom door opening. I turned my head to see my mother entering the room with the same bag of cough drops from earlier and some medicine.

"Hey Fawn. Feeling okay now?" She asked with a soothing voice.
I nodded and coughed. 

"Well, other than that." I said with a small smile.

"Okay. Well. Dinner is done, if you're hungry that is." She said as she put the cough drops. "Assuming you are going to school tomorrow." She added before walking out of my room.

I slung my legs over my bed and stretched, hearing tiny pop noises as I did so. After stretching I traveled down stairs and was greeted by a plate of lasagna on the table. I walked to the fridge and took out the milk before pouring it in to my cup and walking back to the table. I sat down and took a sip of the milk before cutting into the lasagna and popping a piece into my mouth. My taste buds raved over the taste as I took another bite. 
After the lasagna was a little over halfway gone, I took another drink of the cold milk to wash it down. I then began eating again until it was all the way gone. Once it was gone I grabbed the plate and basically full glass of milk then walked over to the sink. I set the plate in and turned on the water, letting it wash away the red tomato sauce that was left on the plate. While doing so I chugged the milk and did the same, washing out the little bit of milk at the bottom. I shut off the running water and walked into the living room.

"Dinner was good. Thanks." I said to my mother who was watching Tv and doing a cross-word puzzle.

"Welcome sweetie. Don't forget to take a shower." She reminded. I nodded and walked back upstairs.

Once upstairs I walked over to my dresser, opening the shirt drawer. I grabbed out a simple black shirt with the "Twenty One Pilots" symbol on it. I then pulled out a pair of skinny jeans from the next drawer. I then moved on to the undergarments, simply grabbing what I needed. 
I turned on my heel and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the hot water then the cold to make it just right. Not too cold. Not too hot, but still pretty hot. I undressed and hopped in, letting the hot water trail down my back. Looking down, I immediately noticed 5 scars  on my inner thigh. My mind went back to the time when it happened.

Flashback 

My eyes shot open to a smack noise and a whimper. 

"Please. Chase." I heard my young mother whimper. I cocked my head to the side and walked out of my small bedroom. My thin, frail body shaking as I walked towards my parents room. The closer I got, the stronger the smell of whiskey got. 

"Mom?" I spoke quietly, scared of what my father would do.
I then heard another smack. Cowering down and shaking more as my mother called out.

"Chase please. Fawn is right out the door. Didn't you hear her?" My mother asked. Her voice getting stern.

"No one cares about that useless trash we call our child." My father, Chase, growled at he before kicking her side. 
Tears forming in my eyes as I watched through the cracked open door. My mother was cowering on the bed as my father towered over her. My mother would try to say something but she would get cut off by a large hand hitting a variety of places on her body. She had cuts and bruises on her face and her lip had a small trail of blood coming from it. 

"Chase. You were the biggest mistake I have ever made." My mother growled, staring daggers into his eyes. He punched her. More blood. I scrambled to the closest phone and dialed 911