Prologue

Place: Ilocos

"Ugh, why do politicians always have to lie? Why can't they just be true to us?" Beatrice complained as she scrolled up and down her twitter feed on her phone.

"Well, they have to so that they could gain votes," Christine said who was also on her phone. She was lying down on the floor.

"But I'd rather have leaders who are better with actions than with words."

"If you hate politics that much, then, just don't open your twitter, idiot."

"I can't. I'm reading these funny tweets."

Christine put her phone down and sat down. She looked at Beatrice until she looked at her.

"What?" Beatrice said with an irritated tone.

"Well, I'm just wondering. What if you fall in love with a politician or a child of a politician? What will you do?" Christine asked.

Beatrice looked up for a while to think. "Hm, I guess, I will try my best to ignore him because I can't trust his words."

"You can't trust his words but you trust his actions, right?" Beatrice nodded. "So what if that person is more on actions than on words?"

Beatrice paused for a while. "That's a very good question. I guess, I have to hate him." Beatrice smiled.

"What the hell, Trice?" Beatrice turned her attention back to her phone. "Oh yeah, Trice. I forgot to tell you something. You're going with me to a meeting tonight."

"What kind of meeting?"

Christine smirked. "A meeting that you'll never imagine." Beatrice just shrugged her shoulders and continued playing with her phone.

~O~

It was six thirty in the evening and they have arrived in Rose Restaurant. Both Beatrice and Christine were wearing their formal dresses and when they went in, a man who was in his mid-forties called them.

"Christine, it's great to see you again. How are you?" the said man stood up and gave a beso to Christine.

"I'm fine, tito. How about you?" Christine said.

"I'm also good," the man smiled. He noticed Beatrice staring somewhere. "And who might this beautiful young lady be?"

When Beatrice first saw them, her eyes were directly looking at this gentleman beside the older man. It was like they were having an eye to eye contest. Beatrice just cut it when the older man asked her.

"Uh, good evening. I'm Beatrice Anna B. Castillo, sir. Nice to meet you," Beatrice greeted with a bow.

"I'm Bongbong Marcos. Nice to meet you too," Mr. Marcos said as he gestured the two of them to sit down.

Bongbong Marcos. I heard of that name somewhere but I can't remember, Beatrice thought.

"Oh, I ordered already so now, we can have a little chit-chat. I forgot to introduce you to my son, Sandro Marcos," Mr. Marcos said.

Sandro was looking at Beatrice intently before he greeted, "Good evening, I'm Ferdinand Alexander A. Marcos III but you can call me Sandro. Nice to meet you."

Beatrice felt very awkward so she just nodded shyly. Sandro smirked. "So, ms. Castillo, tell me more about you."

Beatrice widened her eyes and couldn't talk properly. "Uhm, I just hate one thing and that is politics especially the politicians."

Sandro looked at her, amused with the answer he has heard. "Oh really? How can you say that?"

"Well, politicians are liars. They're not true to their words."

Sandro laughed, amused. "You're very interesting, ms. Castillo."

Christine and mr. Marcos looked at each other with a shock on their faces. They were eating and it was mostly Christine, mr. Marcos and Sandro talking. Beatrice felt like she was out of place so she ate her dinner fast and excused herself. She kind of lied when she said she wanted some fresh air.

Beatrice was outside of the restaurant. Fortunately, there was a bench outside of the restaurant so she sat on it. It was kind of cold since she was wearing a sleeveless dress. She rubbed her hands together to keep herself warm. She wanted to facepalm herself since she forgot her phone on the table. Suddenly, she felt a warm cloth wrapping around her shoulders. It was a black jacket.

Warm, she thought. She noticed a person sat beside her and it was Sandro.

"Why are you outside on a very cold night?" Sandro asked.

"Well, since the three of you were talking about politics, I decided not to listen," Beatrice answered.

"Do you know me?" Beatrice shook her head. "But you do know my dad, right?" And again, Beatrice shook her head.

Sandro sighed. "You really hate politics, huh. Anyways, this may be sudden but do you have any interest in me?"

Beatrice laughed. "What? You're really funny. I'm sorry but no."

"Well, too bad, I have an interest in you, ms. Beatrice Anna B. Castillo," Sandro said and smirked.

Beatrice smirked. "Well, too bad, I will never have an interest in you, mr. Ferdinand Alexander A. Marcos III."

Beatrice stood up and returned the jacket back to Sandro. "I'll be going back now, Sandro. Thanks for the jacket."

Sandro just nodded and watched Beatrice walk back inside the restaurant. Damn, she's really interesting, he thought.