Chapter 11

"Cassandra, you're back?" Sandro asked.

Cassandra nodded. "They wanted me to start now so I have no choice but to oblige." she, then, turned to Beatrice. "You're Luis's friend, right?" Beatrice nodded.

"I heard that he went to London. How is he?" she asked.

"I couldn't contact him so I don't know what is happening to him there right now," I answered. She hummed in response.

They started the mini meeting with Sandro on Cassandra's side. The new nurses were introduced and of course, the new directress too. Beatrice took a peek on Sandro and he was feeling very uncomfortable. He kept looking on the ground. After the meeting, Christine and Beatrice went back to their station while Sandro and Cassandra were in the latter's office. Around three in the afternoon, their shift ended and they were about to go home when Sandro chased them.

"Do you want to grab a bite?" Sandro asked Beatrice.

"What about me?" Christine asked.

"Of course... not," Sandro said and Christine pouted.

"Thank you but I'll politely decline because you have a girlfriend," Beatrice said.

"Who? Cassandra? She's not my girlfriend. She's just a close friend," Sandro said.

"That's not the way I see things, though," Beatrice said.

"Fine, what do you want me to do then so that you'll believe me?" Sandro asked.

"That's for you to think about," Beatrice said and the best friends left Sandro.

~O~

Sandro went home after that. He saw his dad sitting down on their couch watching a basketball game. He sat beside him and sighed.

His father looked at him. "What happened, son?"

"Beatrice thinks that I'm in a relationship with Cassandra."

"You're not?" his father smirked.

"Papa!" Sandro pouted while his father laughed. "I almost forgot. Papa, Beatrice is the daughter of tito Julianne Castillo."

His father's eyes widened. "J-Julianne? No wonder she looks familiar. Sandro, this is a secret from her so please be careful when you're with her," his father reminded him.

"But sooner or later, she'll know, papa."

"Julianne... I need to visit him in North Carolina. I need to tell him that Paula is still keeping his daughter," Papa Bongbong said as he fished out his phone and went to his room.

Sandro watched as his father's back was gone. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"Dad, don't leave me!" the twelve year old Beatrice cried. "Now that mom's gone, you're all I have!"

Julianne kneeled so that he was on eye level with Beatrice. He wiped the tears of his daughter. "Trice, I'm really sorry but I need to go. I did something wrong... Your..." he glared at Paula, his sister-in-law while she smirked. "Your aunt Paula is here for you."

Paula forcefully grabbed Beatrice by the shoulders. "Beatrice! Get away from that murderer. Remember that he was the one who killed your mother."

"No! I don't believe you! Daddy wouldn't possibly kill mommy! He loves her so much!"

"Beatrice..." her father said.

"No! You, the Marcos family! My dad is a close friend of yours, right?" Beatrice cried. "Please don't make him leave me..." And the world went black for Beatrice.

Sandro woke up. It was a dream huh, he thought. He got up and went to his room.

~O~

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

What happened in the past? Why should the thing about Julianne be a secret to Beatrice? Oooh~ So many questions that have yet to be answered.

I'm really sorry for the late update. Got a little busy.

Comment, upvote if you want to ^^