Epilogue

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

Denis Waitley

Happiness depends upon ourselves.

Aristotle

The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don't find very often, then that is what love is all about.

Bruce Forsyth

****One year later****

You were watching from the stands as Zane and Syrus were dueling together. You had left Duel Academy with Zane one year ago. Since then, he and Syrus decided to start tag dueling together. You smile as Syrus summoned one of his monsters to the field. "You look happy." It was Dark Magician Girl. Beside her stood Valkyria and Mai. Dark Magician Girl remarks, "They look very focused on their opponent." You answer, "That's Zane and Sy for you. Those two are always focused." Mai replies, "Zane is mostly concerned for you, Y/N." "Hey Y/N!" You smiled, "Hello Syrus. How was your duel?" He beams, "We won!" His eyes were then fixed on to your ring finger. He adds, "I can't believe that my brother asked you to marry him." You nod, "It was so unexpected too." You then ask, "Where is Zane anyway?" Syrus shrugs, "I don't know. I just heard him mutter about something after the duel." You sigh, "It can't be helped, Syrus. Come on, let's go relax." Syrus nodded.

Dark Magician Grl giggles, "I think it's cute that he has a crush on me." Valkyria exhales, "I don't understand you sometimes." Syrus said, "Hey Y/N, can I ask you something?" You answer, "Sure, what's up?" Syrus hesitated, "What do you like about my brother? I mean....I-I'm sorry." You pat his head, "Don't apologize, I'm sure Alexis would've asked the same thing." You add, "Zane is so sweet and protective. He's always so calm as well, it's one of the many qualities that I love about him." Syrus looked surprised, "Zane? Sweet? It's hard to picture him like that." Syrus said quietly, "He seems to care about you a lot. Zane never stops talking about you, Y/N. In all honesty, he even told me about the proposal." You nearly choke, "You chose to tell me this now?!?" You took a deep breath, "That's understandable. I'm sure that it must've been hard to hide the ring from me since we were always together." "Y/N! Syrus!" You both look in the direction of where your names were being called. Syrus waves, "Zane!" You squeal when Zane had picked you up and spun you around. Syrus groans, "Can't you two act normal?" Zane kisses your cheek, "Nope, not a chance." Syrus then adds, "I'm going to go for a walk." Syrus then left you two all alone together.

Your head was resting in Zane's lap and he was stroking your hair. Zane had a small smile grace his lips. He said, "You know, I'm happy that I asked you to marry me. It gives me an excuse to keep you all to myself." He whispers, "Don't tell Atticus though, that's just between you and me." You ask, "Zane?" Zane answers, "Yes, mi amor?" You said, "What do you like about me?" Zane became puzzled, "Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?" You answer, "I'm just curious." Zane ponders before answering, "There are too many things that I can think of." He then adds, "I love everything about you. Your sweet and gentle persona, your timidness, there are so many things that I love about you." He kisses your forehead, "I wouldn't trade them for anything else."

You were back at your house with Zane and Syrus. Syrus saw you looking out the window, sadness evident in your eyes. Syrus quietly called out to his brother. He whispers, "Zane? Is she okay?" Zane answers, "I'm sure that she's fine, Sy. She probably misses Alexis and Atticus." Syrus asked, "Why don't we ask them to come visit us?" Zane nods, "That's a good idea."