Chapter 2

Noah's POV

"Noelle are you ready?" I asked my little sister.

"No, mommy still has to brush my hair up." She says in a sarcastic tone.

"Okay, be ready in ten." I tell her from the top of the stairs. Throwing on my black Nike shirt and gray shorts and gray sneakers. Running down the stairs I watch as my mom is trying to tame my sister's tangled mess.

I see Noelle dressed in a grey shirt that says 'solid heart strong body' and multi colored leggings with most colors that are dominant to blue and off gray and orange shoes.

"Well I put my head back, that didn't work out to good." Noelle says in a smart tone. Looking at my mom as she rests her hand on my sisters head to give her arm a break and sighing to keep herself from yelling at Noelle.

"Did it hurt?" My mom asks her looking at her through the mirror.

"Oh no it didn't hurt, I just like putting my head back... of course it hurts."

"Noelle stop, it's your fault your hair is nappy." I told her as my mom continued to brush her hair. About two minutes later my mother finished.

"Okay bye, my work here is done. Go have fun." My mom says walking past Noelle and I.

"I'm going to get my shoes on." Noelle informed me and pushing me out the walk way.

"Oh, Noah you better not use your little sister as chic magnet." My mom yells from the kitchen. I start towards the kitchen while saying

"Why else would I be taking her to the park?" Giving me a warning look. "Okay I'll try not to, kidding."

"Ready." Noelle states in a chirpy tone. "Where's daddy at I have to say goodbye."

"Upstairs." my mom's says reaching down to give Noelle a hug then places a kiss on her cheek. Afterwards she gets up to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye mom." I say while rolling my eyes. "Bye dad." I yell up the stairs. "Come on Noelle. We don't have all day."

"Give me a second, I need to tie my shoe." Noelle says bending over to tie her shoe.

"I'll be in the car waiting and if you don't hurry..."

"You'll leave. I know, everyone knows you say it every day, now come on I'm ready." She says as she walks out the door.

"Smartass." I say in a bored tone and quiet enough so no one hears as I follow behind her.

We get to the park in about 10 minutes and she already wants ice cream. Before we go up I ask "what kind of ice cream do you want?"

She taps her little foot on the ground while thinking of what flavor she wants. She decides on "I want chocolate with chocolate sprinkles."