Chapter 4

"If you were really worried, then you should've trusted me!"  

Ladybug's shrieking voice still endlessly called over Chat's ears, slowly braking bits and bits of his heart. He watched Ladybug swing away from him to catch the swift akuma, all released because of his stupidity. 

"Ahhh, I think i was too cruel to Chat, aren't i?" Ladybug mumbled, blinking as she watched the sun sink down, and the butterfly was out of sight. She sighed, praying that the akuma would return to Papillon, wherever he might be. Marinette had to detransform now. She looked up the sky once more, slowly turning dark and swung her way to her house's balcony, letting the dotted leather costume set free to her skin. 

Tap tap tap, the butterfly's wings echoed through the night. It hadn't found a victim yet, the sky was dark and stars appeared, golden lantern street lights finally lit up. Or maybe, the victim was the one who was chasing the akuma. 

A figure wearing black leather wrapped tightly around his body, with a black mask to cover his identity, and strikingly blonde hair with cat ears to match. Chat Noir. His duty was over. He should detransform right now. What was he doing here. 

He reached his hand swiftly to grab the akuma, and dug it in his chest, the akuma wondering inside the Miraculous holder. Chat fell to his knees, dizzy and his head started to ache, but it didn't last long gratefully. "It's for Ladybug. It's all for Ladybug." Were the last words he whispered before he detransformed. 

-

Adrien just tossed around his veggies set on the dining table, with no one there except Nathalie, who observed Adrien's unusual behavior. He seemed blue and had his head leaning over his arms whilst he ate; which he barely did. 

"Adrien?" The assistant asked, Adrien bolting. "Are you alright? Are you feeling well?" 

He had a blurry memory about what happened before, and he'd admit, it was more worse than a head ache. The girl he'd love so much bailed him out when he tried to protect her-- save her life even. 

But who was Adrien to get so mad? He should be sorry and guilty, and that's what he was feeling. No other tan that, he was slightly feeling warm. He looked down, vision shaking. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for checking on me Nathalie." He said, suddenly bringing up a smile, and went for his bag and left, barely touching his food. The assistant just sighed, and cleaned up. 

Papillon released a chuckle as soon as the billions of butterfly fluttered all over the man. "Chat Noir, absorbed an akuma for Ladybug. Hahaha!! The kitty cat falls into his own trap. This time, I will surely win with Chat Noir on my side...." 

Marinette walked beside her best friend Alya worried, her hands were tightly clutched to her chest, looking down. "I wonder where the akuma went..." She said in her mind. "I haven't purified it yet, and yet Paris was still intact. I even looked for it in the middle of the night."The suspicion rose as the thought into the subject even deeper, paying any attention to her friend as Alya frantically waved her hand in front of her. 

"Marinette!!!" Alya screamed, Marinette finally coming back to her senses after a while. "Adrien is talking to you!" 

"A-Ahh!!!" She shrieked. "A-Adrien! Sorry about that. I-I-I were-- was uh, yeah and uh I-I am so so v-v-ery sorry apo-pologize for that uh-- How may i help you?" 

Adrien giggled at the flustered Marinette, who was trying to catch her breath and keep her cool. "About the project, uhhhh, you want to work on it? In the library?" 

"Of course!" She said. "I'd love to."