They Never Listened

chapter 1

"Mum please I don't want to go I'm not insane I don't want to go to a psychiatrist" "you need help. Steph honey you can't keep acting like this always alone not talking to anyone trust me" "but" my sentence was stopped by mum pushing me in the room. The psychiatrist looked up and offered me a seat, I mumbled under my breath and shuffled as slowly as I could to the seat thinking should I make a run for it, Na mums probably barricading the door so I couldn't. She knew me well; I took a seat avoiding her gaze.

"Hi my name is Clarisse." she had long blonde hair hazel eyes quite slim wearing a girly business suit. Can you possibly tell me what happened that day?" she said in a calming voice shuffling some papers. I looked down to the floor not saying a word. I couldn't speak, I felt like breaking down and crying right there, remembering the day to its fullest. "Come on sweetie, I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened." I looked up and started to talk.

"I-I it was a month or so ago, me and my best friends were going to a party, we were all so hyper and excited, I mean it was the most popular guy in schools party and we were invited. It was going to be the most amazing night of the year, well it should have been." A single tear streaked down my face. "We all had quite a few drinks, and a hell of a time. After the party was over I realised we wouldn't be able to drive, my friend charlotte had this crazy idea." "What idea?" a few minutes of silence went by I finally spoke.

She said that she only had a few drinks and that she could drive us home." "I PROTESTED I DID I guess not enough." Tears were flooding down my cheeks by now "I was out voted everyone got in the car except I was still standing on the pavement a chill overcame me if they drove off who know what could of happened, I told them we could just call a cab they protested this time, told me they were going and I could join them or stay out here. I said no and charlotte started the ignition, I begged for them not to go they didn't listen the never listened. They all sighed said I was a drama queen there speech was slurred they shut their doors and sped away." I put my head in my hands and peeped through the gaps "I slipped my phone out my back pocket and called a taxi; ten minutes later they came I got in and sulked as the man drove me home."

" I was so worried, I mean anything could happen to them was unbearable to think of all of a sudden the cab came to a halt I remember looking up confused." I stopped talking dead in my tracks. She stopped writing and looked up at me with worrying eyes. "NO NO NO" "what's wrong?" "NO NOT AGAIN PLEASE" I fell to the ground shaking. Clarissa came to my side trying to calm me down. I stared straight past her in horror, seeing the very scene I saw that very day in the cab. I saw my friend's car mangled in the back of a lorry, blood smeared on the windows police and ambulance surrounding the car trying to see if anyone was alive. "I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE I CANT TAKE IT." I pulled my legs up to my chest and rocked back and forth not being able to take my eyes off my friends car, " WILL THIS EVER GO AWAY" I shouted the pain in my heart overcame me I couldn't stop staring at the corner of the room. " I can help you with that, just try to stay calm." To be honest I couldn't believe her but in my heart I had hope.