who knows what could happen

Chapter 2

At that moment mum busted through the door, she rushed to my side, “honey, honey remember what we said when it comes. breath in and out. Happy thoughts, come on I’m taking you home. What was I thinking? Taking you here Steph I’m sorry so sorry” I eventually snapped out of it, mum and Clarisse surrounding me I was back in her office on the floor. I looked around vigorously checking if the car was still there it was gone. A sigh of relief came out my mouth, I turned to my mother she was knelt beside me crying and kept apologising; I wrapped her in a hug. “Come on lets go” she said, I got up and I shakily started to walk to the door. My mind still boggled and my heart still in two.

Julia’s P.O.V

Steph and I started to walk out the door I felt awful, I should have never brought her here.  Suddenly Clarisse grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into her office. “Julia, I have never seen a case as bad as this, she needs help getting over this trauma. I highly recommend she comes back to me every week. Trust me by next year hopefully she will be back to herself and not having these flashbacks anymore. Here’s my card. Call me, she needs help who knows what could happen if she doesn’t.” my hand quivered as I grasped the card at its edge. I nodded as I slowly walked out the glass doors to the car, Clarisse’s words still ringing in my head ‘who knows what could happen if she doesn’t’

***

Mum drove us home I didn’t speak the whole way back; I just stared out the window watching the world go by. We eventually pulled up I unbuckled my seatbelt got out of the car and started walking up the pathway; mum caught up with me and unlocked the door. I walked straight past my little sister Bethany and ran up the stairs ignored my brothers rock music blasting from his room and got in my bed, I didn’t care that I was still in my clothes I just wanted to curl up in a ball and stay there.

 A few minutes later I heard my door handle turn “Stephey ( that’s what she called me) cc-an I sleep with you tonight” Bethany said in a quiet tone, she was wearing her tellytubby pyjamas her mousey hair down by her shoulders, she was sucking her thumb and clutching her teddy bear.

 I pushed myself up and lent on my headboard, I smiled at her she never failed to make me happy. “Sure little one” at this point Beth was trying to pull herself up on the bed, I reached out and grabbed her, she put her little arms around me “stephey are you ok?” “ I’m fine sis don’t worry”  we both snuggled down Bethany’s little arms still wrapped around me her teddy beside her face we talked for a little while until sleep came over us.

***

“Come on wake up Steph first day back at school” my curtains opened the sun flooded through my room. I groaned and pulled the cover over my head “come on your going to be late” “urgh why don’t you wake up Trey first?” “He’s already at rugby practise”  “what about Bethany?” “She’s at day care now GET UP!”  “URRGGHH” I peeped one eye open and there was mum leaning over me, her hands on her hips scowling. I sighed and got up “happy” “very” she said then stormed the room “wow someone’s woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”

 I went for a long hot shower I was dreading going to school being ‘the loner’ once more. It’s weird the shower seemed to make me more sleepy than awake, I got out and wrapped my fuzzy towel around me, I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my super skinny jeans and blue hoddie that said princess in silver writing, out my wardrobe I through my long red hair it in a high ponytail; it just goes straight anyway so i didnt bother drying it properly. I put on a little mascara and eyeliner, and vola I was done.

 I walked as slowly as I could down stairs I really didn’t want to go being picked on over and over again, yeah Trey did help me out by having a go at them since he’s one of the popular’s, but he can’t be there all the time. I grabbed my car keys and a granola bar and headed for the door.  Every time I go in a car its hard it always haunts me what happened but I always distracted me by singing my heart out, today’s selection is….. Say Aah by Trey Songz which is ironic because it’s my brother’s name, by the time the song ended I was in the school parking lot, great another day at Louisiana high.