4th Chappie

A/N: Hello all! Sorry for the late reply. I am so bad at that. Anyway here is chapter 4. Hope you like it. Please tell me what you think. I would love to have your feedback. Thanks!

The two of us made our way through, the now rather crowded bar, to reach Mads still practically drooling. I placed my food down and lightly kicked my best friend so that she regained her composure. Mads snapped out of her daze and gave a huge grin.

“And who are you?” She raised an eyebrow, trying to be sexy. I loved her but it was hard not to laugh at her sometimes.

“Alex and you?” He pulled up a seat beside me and returned the smile.

“I’m Mads…actually, excuse us for a moment,” Mads muttered as she leaned to the edge of the table, dragging me with her. “Kay, what’s the story? I know you are gorgeous but…” I suppressed a giggle.

“He is the younger brother of Craig.”

“You mean arse, Dick’s friend, Craig?”

“Yeah.” We heard someone clear their throat and I blushed madly as the two of us returned to face the subject of our discussion. Mads mouthed the words ‘we are not finished’ to me before focusing on her food.

“So, Alex, what do you do?” Mads asked casually as she began devouring her meal.

“I’m a part of the Queensland Fire fighter department.”

“Oh a fireman! Were you in the calendar this year?” She raised an eyebrow. “Let me guess you were Mr January?”

“All the hot ones are in the summer months, right?” he asked looking at both of us.

“I think so.” I nodded.

“Well then I’m screwed. I was only September.”

“You were in the fire-fighter calendar this year?” my jaw hit the ground in surprise. Though it probably shouldn’t have come as such a shock, I had just been gawking over the guy not five minutes ago. I subconsciously licked my lips, which he must have noticed as his lips curled into a smirk. I blushed and cleared my throat, trying to change the mood of the situation.

“I’m pretty sure September is still hot. You still got to be in the calendar. Kay’s birthday is in September anyway. Maybe it is fate.” Mads joined in, a huge grin plastered on her face. I was close to hitting her but drew back as I knew this was her normal personality. At times she was completely rubbish at being subtle, now that I think about it, all the time.

“What about you, Kay?” Alex swivelled in his seat, facing me more.

“What?” I shook my head to try and refocus on something other than his gorgeous body.

“What do you do?”

“Oh, I’m a photographer.” I replied. Thankfully it was an easy question. “I mostly do landscape but sometimes…weddings.” I gave a small sigh at the thought of never seeing my own wedding photographs. I had even hired one of the guys I worked with, knowing that I would get some decent images of the day. Thinking of it now, I kind of regret asking someone I knew. If it was a stranger, they wouldn’t care that I was stood up but a colleague would ask questions.

“She is amazing; she did this huge photo of a field of flowers in the sunrise. It is beautiful. I have a copy of it hanging on my wall at home.” Mads interjected, saving me once again. I really had to thank her for that.

“I’ll have to see it sometime.” Alex almost whispered. I reframed from gasping at the sincerity in his eyes and looking like a complete and utter fool. “And you, Mads?”

“Oh, I’m a personal assistant for Graham Horton.” My best friend smiled, she adored her job, ever since we were in high school she had always wanted to be a PA. I was the only person in the whole world that knew the interest had all sprouted from the Marvel film, Iron Man.

“You mean, Graham Horton of Horton Incorporated?”

“Yep, the head CEO, himself.” Mads confirmed. “I wonder how he is doing without a PA for a few weeks? Hopefully my temporary replacement won’t get me fired.” She laughed at the thought.

“I’m surprised you even got served today, look at all these people.” Mads commented as she finished off her meal.

“Well it wasn’t easy to start with.” Alex began. “Though I did have some persuasion.”

“Some persuasion? That bar tender almost ripped your clothes off there and then.” I retorted a little too quickly. The sexy fireman chuckled at that and leaned back to eye the bar tender.

“She was hot.”

“Men.” I rolled my eyes. “She’s probably half your age.”

“How old do you think I am?”

“Depends, how old do you think she is?”

“Should I leave you two alone for a while?” Mads faked a cough.

“Sorry.” I apologised to her.

“No, no, please continue. I want to know how old you think I am.” Alex leaned against the table, his elbow propping up to cradle his head in his hand.

“How can I judge something like that when you probably use some anti-wrinkling, anti-aging cream before bed each night?” I mocked.

“So you are the one that is at my window every night. I was wondering when you were going to step into the light.”

“As if, why would anyone want to watch you undress?” Before the words completely left my lips images began flashing through my mine. All of Alex without clothing on, a towel wrapped around his perfect hips which was slowly falling to the ground. I heard myself gulp, so overcome by lust. This was ridiculous. I had just been left at the altar only yesterday and here I was getting warm at my core by my ex’s friend’s brother. Wow, was that a mouthful or what!

“I believe you just imagined me naked.” Alex said bluntly. Mads, the innocent spectator of the conversation, chocked on her drink in surprise.

“I-I did not.” I lied. “You’re not that desirable.” Lies, lies, for some reason I couldn’t stop them, not when I was so close to jumping the arrogant man right there in the booth.

“We could test that theory.” He taunted, shifting closer to me on the seat. “Do you think you could handle that?” I swallowed hard, pretending that the close proximity didn’t affect me at all. Who was I kidding? I already considered the guy a god; I didn’t need to see it to know that. Not that viewing would exactly hinder the situation either.

“I for one am in.” Mads laughed.

“Excellent, now how shall we determine if I am desirable?” Alex thought for a moment. “How about taking a survey of our surroundings?”

“A pub in the middle of nowhere with the majority of clients, males…why not.” I shrugged, half excited to know what he would do and half dreading the thought of seeing him with another woman. Whoa, slow down there Kay. One, you don’t own the guy and two, you just met him, why the hell would you care?

“Let the game begin.” He grinned, moving from his position and standing. To escape the booth, he basically straddled me. This I found a little too hot and was about to say so until I noticed the flicker of amusement in his eyes.

“Are you done giving me a lap dance?” I questioned.

“Only if you give me one in return.” He breathed in my ear before continuing out of the booth and standing before us ready for commence the bet.