Chapter 5

Every time I tried to breath fire I failed. I don't know, it's like something inside me didn't want me to. Like a warning or something. Maybe someone is around. I quickly looked around me to see if anyone was near. No one. My it was just my imagination. Most likely. I always do this. Think something is there then when I look nothing. Paranoia I guess. I tried again. I opened my mouth. Focusing on my breathing and pushing it out. I felt something staring at my back. I closed my mouth and distinguished the fire burning in my throat. My head was sweating like someone who was nervous to tell their crush they like them. I looked around again. I saw I shadow.
"Who's there? I can see you so don't try and hide!" I yelled to the mysterious shadow behind a tree. The figure stepped out of the shadows. Guess who it was? Brendan. What is he stalking me now? What's wrong with him? Didn't he get that I don't like him? Or he just trying to tell me what he was saying earlier? Nope, Not today. Not Today! I walked straight passed him. He grabbed my arm just like before at school.
"Why do you hate me?" Brendan asked.
"Why are you stalking me? What do you want?" I screamed at him. Tears almost falling from my eyes. I kept them in, trying not to cry from anger. What I he trying to do? Why me? What did I do?
"I just want to talk to you."
"Well, I don't want to talk to you. So leave me alone!" He slowly let go of my arm. I ran to the car, tears streaming down my face. I tried to wipe them away but they kept coming. Why did he make me feel like this? Do I like him? No! He makes me so mad. It's like he tries to make me scream at me. I got into the car trying to drive with tears in my eyes. I went in through the drive thru at Chandler Peak. Chandler Peak is a hamburger place. Weird right? I got a double cheese burger with fries and a vanilla milkshake. I might actually start eating human food. I come to Chandler's whenever I'm sad. I always get the same thing.
I raced up stairs, not saying anything to my mom when I got home. I flopped down on my bed and started stuffing my face. I dipped my fries into my milkshake and ate my burger. As soon as I was done with my food, I threw it away. I started replaying what happened a few minutes earlier in my head over and over again. I couldn't help it anymore. I broke down crying. Tears were everywhere. Why was this happening to me? What did I ever do to anyone? Exactly! Nothing, I didn't do anything. So why did I have to deserve this?
After I was done crying my eyes out, I went down stairs and hugged my mom so tight I felt her bones.
"Aviana? Are you alright, your eyes are red?" Mom asked me hugging me back. I let go of my grasp and told her everything that happened. When I was done she was. Laughing? I just told her what was making her cry and she laughs in front of my face.
"Mom! Why are you laughing? Are you trying to get on my nerves too!" I yelled at my mom.
"Honey, it probably means he likes you. If he's annoying you that much then tell him. He'll get the message. He's just a silly human with feeling for you. Nothing to get worked up about," My mom explained.
"I guess you're right. I shouldn't get worked up about a stupid human. I should focus on my studies and not let me get to my head. Thanks mom." I said as I walk out the door. I got out my cell phone and called Lona. I know that she always tried to set me up with every guy and I mean every guy that passed my way or even looked at me. Well today I'm going to do that for her.
"Hey! I was just about to call you. What's up?" Lona answered the phone.
"Get ready I'm gonna take you somewhere. I'll be there in a few minutes." I said to her and hung up.