Chapter 14

 "Hey, want to go to the café? I heard they have a Monster Mixer, have you heard of it? I bet you've been here before," Lona said as she got her purse ready to go.

"Yeah, but let me go to my room first, I have to get money. I'll be right back," I said as I went into my room and came back with my wallet. When we walked in the café, Lona was amazed by how many people were already here. Of course this was only the first day and there were more people coming tomorrow but the café was already packed. But this was only the first floor, in total there were 7. Each floor had multiple fast food restaurants no one human would probably know of. Only a couple human restaurants were on the floors, but they were only there for the monsters that lived near humans like Lona and I. But I had my own diet, meaning I need toad legs fast. I don't know what Lona ate since I only saw her eat human food. Maybe I should nudge her into trying it, maybe she will like it. But I doubt it, since she's a witch and all, she probably wants human food to satisfy her needs. If anyone found out she was a witch, they would probably make fun of her since everyone thinks that witches are the closest to humans. They think that witches are just humans but with powers. Most monsters think that humans should just rot in their own world, so they just live far away from them. But that's mostly the parents, then they teach their children that when they are really young and that they should always despise humans from the bottom of their hearts.
"What do you want to eat?" Lona asked me snapping me back to reality.
"I don't care, you can pick as long as it isn't gross." Lona walked up the stairs and then picked a random table in the back where there were less people. Why in the back?
"Why here?" I asked curiously.
"So no one can see me do this," She said as she snapped her fingers and 2 burgers, fries, and sodas appeared on the table in front of her.
"How did you do that? And by the way, can I have toad legs on mine?" She snapped her fingers again and the next minute there were.
"My mom taught it to me, plus why do you think I snapped so much during lunch?" She smirked as I started to remember.
"That explains why you had a cupcake for lunch one day, and plus your mom doesn't even let you have sweets. I should have guessed," I sat down and began eating.