Chapter 6

When I picked up Lona she was asking me questions like crazy

  When I picked up Lona she was asking me questions like crazy. Asking where we were going and are we going to eat somewhere. Then I stopped her.

"Lona, we are going to the mall to pick up guys."

"WHAT!" Lona screamed.

"I said we're going to the mall. What's so bad about that? Or do you want to go somewhere else?"
"No. I'm just surprised that you would want to go to a mall and look at guys. I mean you never do that."
"Wow...thanks for boosting my confidence and spirit," I mumbled.
"Sorry Aviana, But really we should go. It would be a chance for you to look at other guys than Brendan because you obviously don't like him even though you two would be the perfect couple," Lona apologized.
"It's alright, but anyway we're already here."
Once I parked the car we both got out and started walking towards her favorite store, Aberzombie & Ditch. It used to be Abercombie & Fitch but they changed the name because they thought they should appeal to other crowds of people. So they started selling zombie like stuff. Clothes with some ripples in the ends, shirts with little backing, well they tried anyway. But Lona and I still like it. We wear some of what they put out.
(in the picture, in the gray is what I would wear, in white is just slutty costumes.) But people just buy the slutty ones. Lona and I actually buy the clothes that we can wear to school.
"What are you going to do for summer vaca? It's just 2 days away." Lona asked curious.
"Ugh, Don't even remind me. I have to go to a camp that I don't even want to go to. My mom makes me go every year. The guys are stupid and always play tricks on me," I tell her, trying to be careful not to tell her everything about the camp. I don't want her to know everything about it. My mom would be angry at me if I spilled one supernatural detail about it.
"That sucks. But my mom is making me go to an all girls summer camp for the boy crazy. I am not boy crazy am I?"
"No your not boy crazy like I'm not a human," I said sarcastically. Well part of it was true. I'm not fully human, my dad was a human. He walked out on me and my mom when I was 2. I didn't really know him. My mom said he was around most of time anyway. Apparently he was sleeping with his coworker and my mom only found out when the coworker texted my dad when he was in the shower and mom read the text. Apparently it was going on for 5 months and my dad was going to tell mom about it then divorce her all on the same night. What a jerk!
I still can't believe that he did that. I wonder what my mom saw in him.
"Hello? Earth to Aviana!" Lona waved her hand in front of my face snapping me back to reality.
"Sorry. I was just daydreaming. So what's going on?"
"Do you see those really cute guys in the corner checking us out?" she asked. I looked in the corner.