Chap. 7

Well then. That was nice. Everything was going fine until I opened my mouth and all that came out was as follows: "Wait, you must have the wrong accused peasant okay? I mean, it's nice and all but I don't want to be this whole "The next Assassin" jumbo your talking about. I'll just go and hide by myself okay?" 

"Do you have any idea on how to survive on your own Halex, cause I honestly don't think you understand what part of the world your in, even the country. Plus, we don't choose the Prophesied one, the Dracha do." Twellwyn just had to open his trap hole. 

I frowned at him and he looked away shamefully. He returned my pointed gaze after a while though, because I kinda-sorta-just messed up if the elders figured out what I was implying. 

Kikerash intervened in our deadly staring match before one of use could blink. "I think that both of you would do well with some explaining."

The elders stood up, I noticed there were four total. Four times more painful the death then. 

The shortest, who introduced her self as Helga, told me all about the dispute over Aurano's and Dralkien. Two separate kingdoms torn apart by the deathly plague that took Aurano's two princesses'. 

Dralkien, of course was blamed for this because of the 'filthy pigs.' they harbored. For your information, the people who lived there. The Dralkien king when he was in his more stable days was outraged at this accusation and demanded a trial in the court of the kingdoms. 

Dralkien was accussed of the twins death. 

The second lady told us all about the things Dralkien and Aurano's had done together, they would be pointless to list them here because neither kingdom remembers when their armies fought off a hoard of toxin-breathing dragons from attacking the kingdoms, no one ever remembers the time Dralkien helped with the drought in Aurano's.

No one remembers the two kings are brothers, seperated by sides of family. 

The third one talked about how long the war was lasting, and about how pointless it all was.

The last person to speak was Kikerash himself, who had been waiting patiently behind the rest.

"Those who remember the time before the war are much too withered to speak of it, but I am not. The war of course started about thirteen years ago and we have lost a good number of our citizens from it, now before the war there was a family. A family who were just peasants, but had skills beyond measure."

I was already tuning out, until I heard the next line.

"The last person of the high family was your father, Halex. He probably never told you because he was never properly trained. The line mysteriously dissapeared after a while, but we found you out, by one of our little friends that's been in the kingdom lately. You might know him."

A shuffle of chairs, feet, and cloaks made a large man with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes visible. Brandwyn. I shot forward, and before anyone could stop me I had my hands around his neck. 

"Tell me why." I said through gritted teeth. 

Authors Note - 

Oh goodness gracious. Finally. I had stuggles writing this chapter, not sure why. I've been having a bit of trouble lately updating this. DO NOT WORRY. This has a plot, it's just not visible right now. 

~ Annihilate

REVISE -

The chapter had a few spelling errors, nothing much. I fixed up some history flaws, so all should be good.