Chapter 49: Steph Figures Out A Dreamscape

Steph

Since I'm a demigod, I get a lot of nightmares whether this is about spiders or a psychopathic monster chasing you down a dark alley either way sleeps haven't been really good for the last couple of weeks ever since I found out that I'm a demigod. There are three things I figured out to have a free nightmare dream; One is the dream catcher, it doesn't really do much but Maddie always says that it helps her sleep through the night. Two is offering a prayer to the god Hypnos, there isn't exactly a specific prayer to say to him like what Roman Catholics have (what do they call that prayer again?), anyway I just plead him to at least spare the worst nightmares and I promise to give him a portion of my meals. Three, mint scented candles, these always relaxes me.

But even though I had done these three things today, a nightmare still went through my head. Well, I wouldn't really say that it was one of those usual nightmares because it didn't involve Cyclops, Arachne and a failing score in Algebra but it did involve someone who I was never happy to meet. Aphrodite pops in my dream. When people said that Aphrodite is gorgeous, you have to believe them. No one can be compared to the beauty of Aphrodite even Beyonce. I found myself standing in front of rack at the dress shop. I knew at that point that something was up. And then I saw her. Her back was in front of me and then she turns around. She's wearing this black side-cut dress. It sparkles every time the light hits the cloth. "What do you think?" Aphrodite twirls.

"I think anything will look good on you." I shrug, "Why am I here?"

Aphrodite smiles at me, "Well, helping me pick a dress of course. Ares is taking me to this New Year party and I need a dress."

"I'm don't think I'm the perfect person for the job. I don't really know much about dresses." I said as I scan through the dress. I follow Aphrodite as she moved to a rack full of long dresses.

"Believe it or not, we are actually experiencing a common situation here." She stares at me and smiles then went back to the dress.

"I don't understand what you're saying."

"Well, I'm confuse on what dress I should where and you're confuse on you're feeling. We are both confuse although we're confuse on different aspects but still confusion is confusion."

"I'm not confuse with my feelings."

"Yes you are. You're aware of it. You just don't want to admit. You're confuse on whether Leo's your best friend or something more." Aphrodite sits in a purple sofa in the center of the shoe racks. I sit beside her anxious to know what she'll be saying next.

"Leo's my friend, okay. We're... platonic friends." It's this how you should feel whenever you talk to Aphrodite like any second now you're about to spill a huge secret with her.

"Do platonic friends rest their head in each other's shoulder, grab each other's hand whenever they want that person to see something, do they sleep in the person's tummy when they look up the sky?"

Then I saw an image of me and Leo laughing as we sit in the dock and eating sliced apples mixed with salt. "You're right this is delicious." He says smiling and then he moves his hands to my lips, "You have something on your lips."

"Wipe it out." I say slightly embarrass. This happened today right before the sun sets and we are ask to go to the pavilion for dinner.

Aphrodite's image went back and we're still sitting in the purple couch. "I'm bad at relationships." I said avoiding her question. Aphrodite shooks her head, "No you're not Steph, you're an innocent little flower about these things."

"Didn't you heard the things they tell about me? I destroy my relationship before it even starts." I sniff.

"Since when did you care what other people think? I know for a fact that you're not what they think you are. Stop second guessing." Aphrodite pauses. "Let me ask you a question, Are you in love with the boy?"