Chapter 51: Steph Takes the Plunge to a Happy Ending

Steph

Whoever said that being in a relationship changes a person is completely wrong. I'm still the same Steph Argent who carves old hardbound book into a building, I still wear my jeans, I still have my statement shirts and I still play video games in my laptop so I was shock that people starts to say that I've change. Well they it what they said weren't exactly mean but it still makes me wonder what change in me. I look at myself in the mirror and still see the same me but this time and happier and content Steph Argent. You might be wondering what people are saying to me, here's what they said;

Annabeth during breakfast tells me that I look glowing; she said that I'm constantly smiling. During sword training Clarisse came to me and said I've gone soft and I told her just to prove a point that this isn't exactly a real fight and I was paired up with a 12 year old kid from the Hermes cabin. He was new to this whole sword fighting thing. And I'm apparently not the only one who change Paige and Zac change a lot now that they are in a new relationship. Paige is constantly asking me if we could go out on double dates and Zac is now planning for Maddie's surprise birthday party which will still be about to happen a month from now. Leo's the only one who could admit that he change, he constantly talk about me with Jason. And this made Jason approach me, "Please stop him. We get it. You two are together now!" Jason groans as he walks to Piper complaining about Leo which only made Piper laugh at him. "You were like that like a year ago!" I heard Piper say.

Nico and Will came to us on point. Nico clears his throat, "So you and Valdez?"

"So you and Solace?" Leo jokes. Nico rolls his eyes and turns back to me.

"Are you together now with him?"

I grabbed Leo's hand and intertwined it with mine, "I guess we are."

We spend most of the time together since I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow and it suck that I won't be seeing him till spring break or maybe valentines. We still haven't talk about what we are going to do and we agree to never talk about it today because we just want to be a normal couple for just a day. But of course I couldn't help but think what will happen to us. I'll still be continuing high school and I still want to go to college although at this point I don't really know since outside of this camp is pretty much a kill zone and Leo's probably still be staying here, continuing his projects. For a moment I thought about convincing him to go with me but I don't think he would want to. High School for Leo is pretty much a torture.

It wasn't until after capture-the-flag that he suggested that maybe it is the right time to talk about it and he also adds that he has something to tell me. Whatever it is, I think this would make us both happy since he was smiling when he said it to me.

We sit under the tree both looking at the big statue of my mother, Athena. Leo sits beside me cleaning the grease out of the spare parts of a lawn mower that he was asked to fix and I sit here beside him sketch a building that I was planning to carve in a book when I get home. Leo looks up at me and smile then goes back cleaning the spare part. "What?" I half laugh as I put the pencil down.

He shrugs, "Nothing." Leo gently brush my hair away from my face. My gaze catch his lips, remembering our first kiss, something low in my belly ached.

"You're being weird." I say pushing my back towards the tree. "I thought you wanted to tell me something."

"Oh right." He says as he puts down the spare parts and faces me. "Abby's adopting me."

"What?" I say looking at him weirdly. If my Abby and my father would get married then that would mean that he's going to be my step-brother. I'm dating my future step-brother.