Surprise

Authors note: Over 100 reads! Thank you guys so much! Please let me know what you think of the story so far, I love hearing you input. Also, sorry if this chapter is a little boring, I'm dealing with a bit of writers block and stress at the moment.

-----

It had been a few days now since my mothers visit, everything once again felt normal.

I woke up and went about my day. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I wake up, make some breakfast, take Laika out for a walk, go to work, come home and make dinner, do some work on my laptop, and then go to bed. It was like an eat, sleep, repeat routine. It was boring but I'm used to that.

When I returned home from work, I made dinner and sat down with my laptop as usual. I started to eat and opened my computer. Something caught my eye and I almost spat my food everywhere.

My computer background had been changed. It was no longer a picture of Laika, but it was now a picture of Blake and I. I don't recall changing it...

This couldn't have been Laika. This was definitely strange and I didn't want to worry about it, but I couldn't help it. My mind wandered as I tried to think of an explaination, but the only thing that I could come up with, is ghosts.

"Bullshit! Fucking bullshit!", I screamed. "I refuse to believe it!"

It couldn't be ghosts. I've never believed in ghosts or anything paranormal for that matter, and I was not going to start now. I quickly changed the background back to the previous photo and went to bed.

-----

The next morning I got up and made breakfast. Bacon and eggs. It has been a long time since I've had a breakfast like this and I was really excited. I threw some bacon in a pan and it started to sizzle. The wonderful smell filled the house and Laika ran to my feet.

She sat down in front of me and stared at the stove with her big blue eyes, hoping for a piece. She sat there for about a minute before I finally gave in and tossed a piece towards her. She jumped up and caught it in her mouth.

I laughed as she nearly fell on the floor from excitement. She scurried back into the living room and I continued to cook.

I had preheated the oven to one hundred degrees fahrenheit. When I finished cooking the bacon I removed it from the pan and placed it on a baking sheet. I then put the baking sheet in the oven to keep the bacon warm.

I started to make my scrambled eggs next. I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl and then poured the yellow mixture into another pan. I stirred it constantly to make sure it didn't stick to the bottom.

Once they were done I scooped them up and put them on a plate. I took the bacon out of the oven and put it on my place as well. I turned off the stove and oven and headed over to the couch.

-----

Once I had finished my breakfast I made my way over to the office. I sat down in the chair and opened a drawer. I peered into it to see my journal sat next to a pen. I pulled them out and opened the book.

What was I going to write today?  I stared down and the blank page and pondered.

I started to write about the strange things that have been happening. Thinking about it made me cringe. I tightened my grip on the pen. Why was this so stressful?

I scribbled down some more words before closing the book. I placed it back in the drawer and exited the room.