6

Ever since I got kidnapped, I've felt so helpless. It's only been some weeks, but that always troubles me. Luckily, the Turtles have given it their all to help me out and we haven't been in any real danger. Mikey teases me whenever he can, Donnie asks me for advice on how to get April to hang out with him more.

Raphael behaves a lot nicer with me than with his brothers, as to be expected. Leonardo acts more careful around and about me, because he wants me to stay out of harm's way. I can't think of a way to thank them for that.

Then, one day, Splinter calls me in along with April after he's finished training the Turtles. I run into Raph, who smiles sweetly at me.

"Hey, Doll," he says. "What's up?"

"I have to go in with Splinter," I say. "I think our training really starts today."

"Oh, well you should practice a lot, maybe try and take me on someday," he says in his cool tone. "Although I really wouldn't wanna hurt you."

"You won't," I say. "'Cuz I'll be better than you."

He chuckles and walks up to me. "Stop feeling so bad about what happened the other day. I bet that after this training session you'll be able to kick butt."

I smile. "Thanks, Raphael."

"Don't worry about it, Doll," he smiles, and then he starts to walk away. "Have fun training."

"Will do!" I reply. Just then, April arrives.

"My students," Splinter says. "Please come in."

"Yes, Sensei," April and I reply and step inside the training room.

"Please sit down," he instructs. April and I do so.

"Your official training begins today. I have been meditating on your actions and your personalities and have found what styles suit you the best. April, you will me most compatible with Taijutsu as well as the probable use of a staff."

"Like Donnie?"

"More or less," Splinter replies. "You could even ask him to help you out. And, Sara?"

"Yes?" 

"Your personality and the way you handle things made the decision difficult, however," he stands up and goes to a cupboard and opens it. He takes out a beautiful Katana. "This might suit you well. You can name it as you choose."

I take it and look at my reflection in the Katana, then smile at Splinter. "Thanks, Sensei!"

"Do not thank me," he replies. "You have earned this, both of you. Now, Sara I must ask you to put the Katana aside for a moment."

I lay the katana down on the floor and then go back to the center of the training room.

"April," Splinter says. "I want you to fight Sara."

We both gasp.

"But... Sara..."

"I realize you two have a very strong bond," Splinter explains, "which is why you should not worry. A bond like the one you have cannot be broken by training to improve together. Why do you think my sons are so close? Yes, there might be rivalry. There might be bruises, and one of you may end up on the ground. But as long as she gets up, and the other helps her, everything will be okay."

April and I glance at each other with a peculiar smile, and we stand up straight. "Hai, Sensei!"

"Very well, use what moves you are most comfortable with," Splinter says. April and I stand directly in front of each other with our compass slightly open and looking straight at each other. "Hajime!"