Prologue

Author's Note:

Ummm, yeah hi. *waves* Yeah, it's me again. Annoying yet good writer, Kallie. okay. This is my Prologue set exactly two years before the day of the Centennial Games and 4th Quarter Quell take place. As the scene opens, you find Faeryn and her older brother, Daffrian, waiting for the names of the two Tributes to be called where they can leave and go home to their family. Enjoy!!!! SNEAK PEAK!!! pic of Daffrian's HG Games battle outfit on the side. ------>

----------------------------------

Daffrian POV

I give a quiet gulp. The person who pulls the tributes' names, Adonia Lyfer, grins and reaches into the clear ball filled with girl names. My sister's name would be in there at least over 20 times already. I tried to stop her from getting terrasea, but she wouldn't listen to me. She only ever listened to dad. Adonia pulls out a slip of paper, holding in her hands, the life of some poor girl is most likely to die during the Games. "Vitrese Myonesse."

The girl- who is extremely out of place with her dark brown hair and brown eyes, and in my grade-  steps forward onto the stage. The crowd is quiet. Adonia talks a bit and then asks, "Would anyone like to take this girls' place for a chance to participate in the Games?"

No one speaks. Not a sound is heard except the wind blowing through the dead trees. Fall has come early this year, and all the leaves, instead of chainging, have fallen to the ground, scattering it with colors of brilliant reds, lumimous golds, and dreary browns. I resist the urge to look around and search for the girl's family. Most likely they will be the ones who are crying, or standing stoically looking very solomn and depressed.

"Daffrian Artemensia."

My thoughs freeze. Noo! I feel panic running through my veins. Instantly I look at my sister, who as well, meets my eyes. Her face is filled with panic. I feel a hurt in my chest. It's not supposed to happen like this. Again I resist an urge, the urge to run straight to Faeryn and wrap my arms around her. She looks so afraid. So afraid for me.

"Daffrian Artemensia," Adonia repeats into the microphone, looking slightly annoyed.

I swallow down my own fear and stepforward. As I near the stage, a million things flood through my mind. Faeryn will never know now. She'll never know the truth. Mother won't tell her, she's too afraid. Father can never tell, he's dead. But all I know, as I step up onto the elongated stage, is that I will never see my family- Mom, Thyfin, and Zorde- or Faeryn, ever again.

I close my eyes and take the final step, the step toward my death. Goodbye, Faeryn.

********

WELL, end of the prologue. What do you think? What does Faeryn not know? Comment below. It would also be quite nice if you vote for me on the orange clicky button right over there near the side. <-----------------------