1

Cydthealee's POV

Matagal na tayong magkakilala. I remember nung una tayong nagkita after ng game ko. You were wearing your UST jersey and I was sweaty as we took that photo. You were still wearing your nerdy glasses and your hair, dang, it was still long! Haha. You were the epitome of "nene". Syempre hindi lang ikaw, ako din naman. Haha. But I guess this is a testament to how long we've known each other.

I've seen you in your happiest and I've seen you in your lowest. And you were there for mine too. You were there to celebrate with me when I finally made it to the line up. God knows just how much I wanted that. You were also there when my Dad left. That may be the lowest point of my life. My Dad that I love so much. You are very special to me and I'm hoping that I hold a special place in your heart too, Kim. Hindi ko alam kung kailan nag-iba ang pagtingin ko sa'yo. Actually scratch that, alam ko. Alam na alam ko and I remember it like it was yesterday.

You had just got back to the dorm and you looked so devastated. Doon palang alam ko nang galing ka kay Mela. I mean where else were you gonna go right? We were used to seeing you with this expression but this was different. Your shoulders were slumped and your eyes were red. I knew but I hoped that I was wrong. You went straight to your room without saying a word. Hinayaan muna kita to be alone for that night. The next day, tulala ka. Ang lala. Pero what can I expect? Heartbroken ka diba. Alangan naman na happy happy ka agad.

From then on, I made it my mission, my business, to make you happy. To help you be the Kim Fajardo you were before she left you, before she broke you. But in those days and moments that I was trying to restore the old you, I got to know you on a different level. Deeper than ever before and I fell. I shouldn't have but I did.

Now, here I am lying on my bed thinking about you. It's always you. Minsan iniisip ko nga bakit hindi pa ako nagsasawa sa'yo eh. Pero eto nga talaga siguro ang epekto ng pag-ibig. Nakakabaliw. Pero para sa'yo handa akong maging baliw. Ang tanong, kaya mo bang masuklian ang nararamdaman ko?

Gusto ko nang umamin. I want to get this off my chest. Pero -

"Hoy Didit! Ano nanamang ginagawa mo diyan?" Pag-iinterupt ni Kim sa internal musings ko.

"Eh ano bang pake mo ha? And anong kailangan mo sakin?" tanong ko.

"Hehe wala naman. Samahan moko labas tayo!" sabi ni Kim sabay pagpapacute.

"San naman? Okay call basta libre mo ha?" tugon ko.

"Ay. Okay. Sige na nga. Swerte mo mahal kita." pahayag ni Kim sabay kindat sa akin.

"Weh. Mambobola ka talaga. Sige, bihis lang ako."

"Okay. Hintay lang ako sa sala."

Yan. Yang mga banat na yan ang nagpahulog sa akin. Sana naman saluhin na niya ako ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------------
a/n: okay ang sabaw hahahaha. there's a reason why I always get C's for creative writing in English 😂