5

Cydthealee's POV

Wednesday

The day has finally come. Eto na. I'm really gonna do it.

Kakatapos lang ng second class for today. It is currently 11:45am and I'm here at burger place in campus enjoying my delicious lunch, nang biglang tumunog ang phone ko.

Kimy Fajardo
Hiii didit, san ka ngayon?

Feel ko talaga pampalipas oras lang ako ng pa-fall nato.

I'm at this burger place across blah blah. why? reply ko

Kimy Fajardo
Ahh okay. Busy ka ba mamayang hapon? Mga 3pm? I have something important to tell you eh.

Uh-oh. Ano na naman to. Nakaka-kaba naman.

My class will end at 2pm, I'm free after that. Where do you wanna meet? I asked.

Kimy Fajardo
Yay! Okay, let's meet at Starbucks nalang! See you then!

Hindi na ako nag-reply. Whatever it is she wants to tell me, really gives me butterflies in my stomach. I finished eating my burger and fries and went straight to class.

On the way palang, lutang na lutang na ako. Muntik na akong mabangga sa isang pole, buti nalang na-warningan ako ng isang kuya. This ka-lutangan went on till class. Importante pa naman yung lesson but my mind just wasn't in it. My brain kept on recalling the text that Kim sent and my brain also kept on reminding me that this is the perfect chance to confess.

I'm so stupid. I unnecessarily pressures myself into confessing. But it makes sense anyway. It is only logical to do it now since, as far I am aware of, wala pang bagong nililigawan si Kim.
I really am stupid. Pinapaasa ko ang sarili ko na may pag-asa. Come on, self. You can do better than that.

Minutes passed and before I knew it, class was dismissed. Lalo akong kinabahan. It's still only 2:30pm and Starbucks isn't exactly far, which is why I'm taking my precious time to walk there. I'm mentally and emotionally preparing myself for what's coming. As much as I want to stay positive and believe that everything will turn out great, my gut is telling me the opposite.

I got to Starbucks just before 3 and immediately scanned the place for Kim. Nakita ko siyang nakaupong mag-isa sa isang corner. Pagkakita ko palang sa kanya, bumilis na agad ang tibok ng puso ko. I don't even know if its because of kilig or nervousness.

"Kimy! ano na?" nakangiting bati ko sakanya while I took a seat across from her.

"Didit! Hahaha wala naman. Eto pogi padin" biro niya.

Oo nga. Ang pogi mo padin. I thought to myself.

"O, ba't mo pala gusto ako kausapin?" tanong ko.

"Um ano kase, I've been planning to tell you this, pero ko ma-share kase hindi pa talaga sure.." said Kim.

"Just tell me! The suspense is killing me al-"

"I'm seeing someone new! Kilala mo siya. Friends sila ni Mika, si Tin. She is so great and she makes me happy" sabi ni Kim with a wide smile and her eyes glistening.

Shit. Ang sakit. Akala ko ako mag-coconfeas today. May mag-coconfess pala sa akin.

"That's great! That's really awesome! You deserve this. You really do." I said with a smile, pero deep inside halos mabiyak na yung puso ko.

"I know. Akala ko never na akong makakaramdam ng ganito, but she came along and I thank God so much."

I stood up and gave her a tight hug. I didn't know what to say anymore. Totoong masaya ako para sa kanya. Promise, walang halong biro. Pero hindi ko din naman maiwasang masaktan. Just because I'm happy for her doesn't mean I shouldn't feel my own pain.

We stayed at Starbucks for another half-hour. Nag-kwentuhan lang kame about how their romance blossomed. Imagine that, me sitting there acting as though I wasn't dying inside while she looked like she could conquer anything in this world. Kinwento niya sakin how she was dying to tell me about Tin but never found the courage because she didn't want to prematurely celebrate their relationship. She told me I'm the first to know that, finally,  they're official because I was her best friend. Her super friend.

Natapos ang kwentuhan namin when Tin called her. They were gonna meet up for dinner and Kim, being the kind person that she is, invited me to come along. I declined. I told her I had things I needed to finish for Thursday's classes. But in reality, I just wasn't sure if I was ready to see them together. I mean sure, I've seen them interacting, but this time it's different. Very different.

I went home to the dorm with a weird feeling. Gusto kong umiyak pero walang lumalabas na luha. Puro sakit lang. As I got to my room, I opened the journal I found a few days ago and started to write.

March 23, 2016

Just like how I learned to love you, I'll teach myself to unlove you. Because although the universe destined for us to meet, it didnt want us together. For now, I will let you go. I will let you go because, I know she makes you feel loved and happy, and I know very well that that is something that you havent felt for a long time now and damn do you deserve to feel these emotions again.

But if the time comes and the inevitable happens, don't hesitate to come running to me. I promise you, just like how I promised you when you and Mela broke up, that I'll always be here. I'll be your shoulder to cry on. I'll be whatever you want and need me to be, but this time hindi na ako mag-aalinlangan sa nararamdamn ko para sa'yo. This time ipaglalaban ko na ang pagibig ko para sa'yo. Kahit hindi moko mahal in the way that I love you, kung ayaw mo talaga, liligawan kita, ipapakita ko sa'yo kung bakit tayo dapat. Kung bakit worth it tayo. I will make you realise that being with me may be one of the best decisions you'll ever make.

Pero sabi ko nga, I will let go, because I know that the love that is destined for us is not meant to be romantic, for now. Someday, you will love me much more than you have ever loved any other girl and I will make sure to love you back twice more. Someday, my love.

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Aaand that's it. Sorry kung short hahaha pero sabi ko nga before, I just go with the flow, eh walang flow ang KimCy eh kaya dito nalang muna 😂
For me this story isn't done yet. I may start writing a second part to this, though I don't know when. Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ, VOTE AND COMMENT. IT MEANS A LOT.

Until then, see you sa part 2! ;)