the nursery

•zayn•

Chiara's baby shower was today and Zayn didn't particularly want to be in her way. He was busy working on the nursery.

They decided on an underwater slash nature type theme, something neutral since they still didn't know the gender. Either way, an underwater theme wasn't that bad.

Zayn had already sketched everything on the walls -- he was up all night doing so because he was so excited -- so now he just had to paint. There were plenty of sea animals, fish, squid, whales, really cute dolphins, and plants and shit.

Downstairs, Chiara was having her baby shower. Her friends and the moms and cousins were there, probably talking baby talk and names or whatever. Some of Zayn's family was there also. Chi was very cute today, no mood swings, no complaining, she was just excited for the nursery and the shower, knowing she'd get the gifts she wanted on the registry and food was going to be eaten.

Trisha cooked most of it, along with Zayn's sisters -- who were there also -- and cousins. Kara made desserts and Chi being Chi just cooked some cabbage because she was craving it.

Zayn's music was loud, mostly because that was how he liked it and it helped him concentrate better. He loved painting, it was a lifestyle, especially if it was for a worthy cause. He was about to be a dad to a son or daughter -- he of course wanted a son -- and obviously it was scary, but being optimistic always worked out in the end.

He was almost done with the fourth wall when the door opened. He looked up to see Harry, a large smile on his face.

Zayn turned the music down to greet him.

"Hey, man!"

"Bro, this looks fantastic!" he grinned, smelling the paint in the spraycan, "how long have you been working on this?"

"Ehm, what time is it?"

"About four thirty."

"What? Already, I thought I'd be done by this time."

"When did you start?"

"Like, at eleven," he shrugged, continuing to work, "I guess I made pretty good time."

"This is a pretty big room for all the painting, I believe," Harry told him, "ooh, the ceiling is nice."

"Yeah," Zayn grinned behind his facemask, "it's like, when he looks up while he's in his crib he'll think of nighttime. And nanite time means sleep time."

"What a dad," he chuckled.

"Hey, close the door. Chi's been trying to sneak in since I started."

"I see you assembled the furniture well," he said as he closed the door.

"It wasn't that hard. Did it last night."

"How much sleep have you gotten, Zayn?"

"What time is it?" he asked again.

"Four thirty seven."

Zayn tried to count. "Um, I started sketching at six last night. Finished at eight fifteen. Assembled the crib and the dresser and 3D art. One, two, three..." Zayn sighed, "I fell asleep at three, I reckon and woke up at like...eight to help Chi out with food and shit."

"So you roughly got about five hours?" Zayn nodded and sighed in relief once the fourth wall was finished. The first two walls closest to the door were already dry and the third was almost there.

"Yeah, and now I'm done," he stood up and looked around the room, pouting, "this was actually very fun and therapeutic."

"I can only imagine," Harry laughed, "you need help with decorations?"