The Past

A/N you can't stop me -.- 

--------- 

"Mama!" Kami looked at her 7 year old daughter still in her clothes smiling. She smiled back.

"Now Maka you promised you would go to bed." She carried her. "But why isn't papa here? He used to tuck me in bed."

The mother changed and tucked her in bed. "Papa isn't here today." She said quietly. The Maka started to cry. "Again?" Kami nodded.

"Papa is not a human. He's a robot with no feelings.." Maka choked out. Kami looked at her with sympathy. "That's not what you said the first time Papa did that. You said he was a human and needs some time alone."

"Well I was wrong." Maka wiped away the tears. Kami helped her wipe it off. "No you were right. He does need time alone. It is being human. Right now is horrible but just in time...it will be beautiful." Maka looked at her mother, amazed to hear those inspiring words. She then yawned. "Now," Kami smiled. "Get some sleep." Maka noded slowly before fading into sleep.

~3 years later~

"You can't just bring home anyone and then get drunk I am your wife! We respect each other, but you treat me like trash!" Kami hollered at her half drunk husband.

"I just like doing this! It's fun! All woman need me! I don't need you anyways, all the pretty girls I met at the bar were better than you! Flat chest!" Spirit yelled back. Kami knew he didn't mean it....he was just drunk, that's all.

He continued "Why don't you just leave?! You have so many rules! 'Do this, do that' I am sick of that and you!" Kami was speechless. She hung her head. "If that's what you desire...so be it..." She left the room with a smiling Spirit. Little did they know the 10 year old Maka saw everything and silently cried. He was with another lady that wasn't her mama. 'What will he lie next?' Maka thought. She ran to her room and took out a green fluffy jacket. She put it on, opened the latch of the window and jumped out, running.

She ran to the nearest play-ground. She started to slowly walk to the swings and sat down on one. It started to rain but it didn't matter now. She had to rethink.

'They had another fight....but this time...it's serious. Is Mama really going to leave me with Papa? She wouldn't do that right? Right?'

Little droplets fell from the tips of her hair. She swung back and forth slowly still thinking. Something across from her caught her attention. She walked toward it to see a old abandoned wooden guitar. She picked it up curiously and played a few strums then came up with a soft melody. She continued to play with it while walking back to her swing. The rain got harder but then it suddenly stopped. She looked up to see an umbrella and a boy with white hair and blood eyes with a shark teeth about her age maybe a year older.

'Ive never seen this creature before...'

They boy spoke "I like your melody but it's too low, you need to straighten it." He took his hand and straighten it.

When he was done he said "Soul."

"Soul?" She asked.

"My name. What's yours?"

'Should I trust him? I just met him!, well sort of but he'll probably turn out like a cheater like Papa...but I said probably.....maybe just this once...' She pulled out her hand "Maka."

"Maka, huh?" She nodded.

He smirked.

"Cool."