Chapter 8

Hi Everyone! I've had this part written on my computer for a while apparently so I don't know why it's not posted. Sorry for the delay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

READER'S POV

After breakfast, both Bro and Dave became their regular recluse selves and hid away in their rooms. They would be back once they get hungry again. You looked around at the many pots, pans, and plates stacked around the kitchen and sighed. These boys can sure make a mess. You started to pick up the various dishes and place them in the sink when you heard Dave grunt in irritation. Of course, Dave doesn't show any emotions normally, so you decided to take a peek into his room to see what his problem might be.

The trip to Dave's room was decently easy, just a while of tiptoeing, avoiding Bro's line of sight, and the occasional Lil Cal encounter. As you approached the young blond's room, you could hear the tapping of his keyboard and the soft light from the monitor leaked through the dark room and the cracks inbetween the door and the doorframe. You slowly pushed his door open, and the portal responded with a creak. You cringed and jumped back in fear that he had heard it. After a few heart-pounding seconds, and since the boy had not shown up at the door, you decided he had not heard the creak and proceeded forward into the doorway.

Though you didn't have the eagle eyes Bro did, you could tell that Dave was pestering John about something. Apparently this something was stressful because you could tell Dave was running his hands through his hair a lot. Focusing on the screen, you could make out bits and pieces of the conversation.

...

...

...

TG: john shut up

TG: shes not my girlfriend

TG: not yet at least

You slid down the wall to the floor. This is what you get for eavesdropping on Dave's conversations. You liked Dave, sure, but like that? That couldn't possibly work. Could it? No you guys have been together far too long to risk the friendship over a few heart skips. Who knows? He might not even be talking about you. You couldn't see John's replies anyway, so he's probably talking about that other girl. What was her name? Tina? Terry? Anyway, you pushed whatever flushed worries you had in your mind out and went back to see what else they were saying and if any of it actually pointed to Dave having flushed feelings towards you.

TG: come on egderp

TG: the one time i come to you for help and you got nothing

...

...

...

...

...

TG: i'm worried about [name] dude

TG: you need to help me figure this out

Dear Gog... This was about you... You were both happy and frustrated at the same time at the thought of Dave having a crush on you, and you actually felt a bit nauseous from the extreme emotional conflict going on in your brain. But then you thought about how long you guys had been friends, and knew there was no way you could jeopardize that friendship just because of a something that might just be a fling. You knew how all the girls at the school you used to go to would just flock around him. That in itself was nauseating to think of. And he had loved it! Not that you could really blame them. That soft, blond hair, that toned body, those smooth, kissable... wait what? No. You were not one of those girls. You don't go chasing after boys, you never wear skimpy outfits, and you definitely do not fall in love with your best friend.

Putting a hand to your head, you started to stand back up. You couldn't deal with this much emotional seesawing in one day. Using the wall as support, you stumbled back into your room, and laid down on your bed. So much went on in the last couple days that some rest was way overdue. You put your hands over your closed eyes as you dropped your head on the pillow and drifted away into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave's POV

After talking to John, you leaned back in your desk chair and ran your hands through your hair. You knew this was bad, and you know you have to do something about it. What could be done? Once again, your only possible idea was to make sure that she never went to Derse alone, but that was nearly impossible.

Your stomach growled, and you figured some apple slices might help you come up with some new ideas. Standing up, you walked to your door to find it slightly opened. That's weird, you thought, I swear I closed that when I came in. You walked out of the door and started traveling down the carpeted hallway to the land of goodies when you heard a snore.

"Aw, crap." you muttered and turned around to race towards [Name]'s room. How could she be asleep again? Bursting through the door, you found [Name] passed out under her comforter. "Damn it, [Name]" you whispered as you watched her. You smiled. She was kinda cute with her snoring and drooling. Blinking, you realized that being here while she slept was not the best idea. You needed to make sure she didn't get into trouble on Derse. On the other hand, you wouldn't want her waking up to you just standing there staring at you.

To avoid what awkwardness may occur, you turned around swiftly and left the room.