Give the Monster it's Medicine

Quinn's POV

My vision is blurry, my eyes hazy, probably from the tears running down my cheeks. I couldn't feel anything, but I kept running. My heart was pounding against my chest. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't bare the thought of losing Amelia. I don't know where I was heading, I followed my heart. I hoped it would lead me back to her. Whoever took Amelia is a monster.

Amelia's POV

My left cheek burned from the new cut she gave me. My stomach ached from her punching me. I got up and went to the bathroom; to try and freshen up a bit. I almost cried when I looked into the mirror. My tear stained cheeks were cut, turning purple and red. I could see my ribs poking out among other cuts. My raven hair now greasy, and tangled. A tear dripped down my cheek. I need to get out of here. I didn't know when or how, but I had to.
"Amelia? Honey, it's time for your daily mother-daughter time!" Mothe- no, Sabrina called out. Mother-daughter time was not a fun thing. If I behaved she would ignore me, if not, well, you'll see. She knocked on the bathroom door, and told me to get out. I obeyed, not wanting to deal with her shit. Sabrina sat on the blood stained bed, and motioned me to sit down. Again, I obeyed.
"Amelia... you haven't been very nice to your dear old mother, have you?" I avoided her eye contact and kept my mouth shut. "See, you've been fighting back recently and I don't like that attitude, missy. So we are going to have some fun. Go up to my room and see you little fag." She spat. I slowly walked up the stairs, rounded the corner, and sat on the bed in her room. Sabrina was right behind me. Then, she picked up a lighter.
"What's the lighter for?"
"Oh, you'll see." She smirked. Harshly, she pulled my arm closer to her. I could see my wrist turning purple from her grip, and I swore, to cope with the pain.
"There's no need to be tough, Amelia. No one cares about you, stop the act." I looked her straight in the eye and spat at her face. Sabrina was revolted by my act.
"Little tough Amelia, she thinks she's so perfect. You're not. You're a little faggot. You're just like your fag of a father. This is for you." Sabrina kissed my forehead, and turned on the lighter. She held it up to my left wrist, getting it close to my skin. I watched in pain as my skin turned pink. I started screaming, crying, anything that could stop or even cope the pain. Pain flashed through Sabrina's eyes as she looked at me. The lighter fell onto the ground, with a loud clank.
"Get me my medicine," Sabrina said in a raspy voice, "Make this monster go to sleep. Give him his medicine, he needs it. GIVE THE MONSTER HIS MEDICINE. MAKE IT SHUT UP." She started screaming.
"HELP ME." She fell to the floor, shaking, sobbing, and screaming. I sprinted around the room trying to find anything in a bottle. I saw something on the bedside, it was a bottle. I ran towards it. I picked it up and read the label, two a day, no more no less. side affects may include hallucinations, anxiety, and paranoia. use with caution. I ran to mom, gave her some water to take with the pills for the 'monster'. As soon as she swallowed them, she passed out, head hitting the hardwood floors. I started to cry, I knew there wasn't smartphones around. I knew why mom was crazy. She was coping the loss of dad, the medicine was the only thing distracting her. She didn't want to lose me either. She took too many pills. She lied to her doctors and said she was normal. I had to find help. I picked her up and dragged her through the door. She had no car, so had had to find the nearest hospital. I was going to give up. Sit myself down and drown in my tears. So I planted my butt on the curb, and rested mother's head on my lap. Suddenly, I remembered Quinn. The way her blonde hair glowed in the summer sun. How her blue eyes sparkled when she talked about her favorite sport, lacrosse. I couldn't do that to her. I needed to see her smile one last time. Listen to her laugh. Kiss her on her forehead and tell her I was alright, and everything will be okay. I lifted mother up and brushed her messy red hair out of her face. I carried on, for myself, my mother, and Quinn.