Chapter -2

Chapter - 2

I woke up in a different surrounding.

The soft bedsheets, the warm room, the smell of roses and freesia.

The warmth. the sunlight. everything was different.

Where was I?

"Hey are you alright?" A handsome man asked. he looked about forty.

He had strands of white hair and kind eyes. his smile was easy and filled with warmth. He was nothing like my father.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"It's alright little girl. You are safe, now." he said.

"Where am I?" I repeated my question again, determined to get the answer.

"Well little girl, you are in the house of the richmonds. I'm Fredrick Richmond. This is my house. I found you lying in the forest floor three days ago, when me and my boys were hunting. Do you remember?" he said kindly and his voice ringed with truth.

Flashes... I was getting flashes of that night. the nigh I killed my father and ended his pain. The night I ended my pain. The night I ran away from that house.... But what had happened after that...? why couldn't I remember???

"Why can't i remember?" I asked myself.

"Oh, it's alright little girl. The doctor said it was normal. You'll soon get you memory back." he said.

"Thank you, sir." I said."

"You're welcome little girl." He said.

"Alicia." I said.

"Pardon?" he said.

"My name is Alicia." I said.

"Well that's a pretty name for a pretty lady. how old are you?" he asked.

"I'm sixteen." I said.

He was so kind. I never had seen such kindness in my whole life. My father and our gardener was the only link to the world.

Mr. Walters were very kind to me. he'd always bring me different kind of flowers and tell me what that flower meant.

He'd steal food from the pantry and give it to me.

He gave me the love I needed.

Until the one day when my father saw me hugging him and killed him on spit with his revolver.

Mr. Walters dies that day.

And it was all because of me.

"Little girl? are you alright?" he asked.

"Yes sir, I was just trying to remember what happened." I said.

"Well don't try too hard. it'll come to you naturally." he said.

"Now, come on little one, supper's ready. My wife made hazelnut soup. I love her hazelnut soup. I hope you like it too." he said.

" I love hazelnut soup, sir." I said. I was delighted.

It brought the happy memories back when my mother used to make hazelnut soup for me, singing the little girl.

My father used to be a happy man who lived his family.

Not the monster I had seen for the past 7 years.

My father always said that we were the happiest family and he loved us.

My mother said that she would never leave me.

But in the end they all broke their promises.

It was just me. All alone in this world with just a bunch of broken promises.

But no, I won't pity myself anymore.

I will be strong.

I will start my new life as Alicia Richmond .

Because Evelyn Vanderlake died three nights ago. With my father.