Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Cali touched her head, then looked at her fingers only to see they were a sticky red. She saw through blurry vision the photo of Dale smashed to the floor. She looked up and as if in slow motion saw the two punching ech other back and forth Marcus to drunk to focus. It went silent except for a horrible ringing in her ears. The man that had walked into her apartment was now in front of her and was talking, but no words came out. He put a hand on her shoulder and the ringing ceased. "Miss are you ok...can you hear me?" He questioned. Cali nodded yes and he replied "your heads bleeding let me get you something." He ran to the kitchen and came back with a dish towel. He dabbed her head. "Is that really your boy friend?" He questioned concerningly. "Something like that." she managed to utter. Cali observed the man.

He had short spikey hair and honestly was very attractive looking. "I know I dont know you, but no woman deserves that!" Tears filled Cali's eyes and she replied "Thank you." "Of course!" Cali looked over and saw Marcus's legs. "Is he ok?" He looked at her almost in disbelief and replied "yeah he's lucky I didnt kill him!" Cali crawled over to Marcus in a panicked realization of how pissed he would be when he woke up. "Marcus...Marcus wake up babe, please...Im sorry please wake up!" Cali sid shaking him. The man looked at Cali in disbelief. "Oh...he is gonna be so pissed..." she mumbled. "Here let me just help you onto the bed for now and I will take care of him" "Uh I don't think..." "Don't worry it's gonna be ok!" he calmy uttered. They made there way up to her bed and she laid down still holding the towel to her head. The man dragged Marcus outside her apartment, walked back in and closed the door. "Are you sure your ok?" he asked walking back in. She took a minute to take in all that had just happened. "Yeah I...im fine." she said slowly. "Im Austin Greene by the way." Cali nodded and replied her name back. "Hey." he said sitting down beside Cali. "Everything is gonna be ok." She wished that was the case, but her and Marcus would probably be back to their normal routine in a few days. "You wanna get out of here for a little grab a coffee at Papa Joe's?" Austin asked. She didnt wanna do anything really, just cry and drink! She shrugged and grabbed the bottle that sat next to her to took a few swigs. "Hey...stop." Austin said pulling the bottle off her lips. Cali got up and replied "why are you here, why did you help me when you dont even know me?"

"Look I know your upset, but you were in trouble and when someone yells out I dont really ignore it!" "I can handel myself!" she retorted pacing back and forth. "Wow you handeled that so well!" Cali began to cry and she sunk to the floor. "Cali please dont, Im sorry I didnt mean that." Austin said holding her. "I... just have so many problems and I dont want to bring you down with me!" she sobbed. "Hey talk to me, its gonna be ok." It took about twenty minutes for Cali to tell Austin her story and when she was done their was and awkward silence. "Cali Im sorry, no one should go through what you do, but I can help you." Cali sighed as a tear rolled off her nose. "You should go Marcus is going to be back soon..." "Are you kidding me Cali!? It's like your setting yourself up for pain and hurt." "I have no choice Marcus will..."

All of a sudden the door flung open and Marcus stood in the doorway. "Cali get the fuck over here now!" he yelled. She began walking over there when Austin grabbed her arm and she looked back at him with tear filled eyes. "Please Austin, I don't want you to get hurt." "But Cali please..." "Get off her now!" Her shaking hand slowly slipped out of his and she walked over to Marcus who wrapped his arm around her side very tightly, but then looked up and replied " Get the fuck out of my house before I beat the living shit out of you!" Austin just stood there and Marcus glared at him so fiercely. "Austin please...just go" Cali cryed. Austin dragged every step out the door and turned around looking at Cali. His face was so sad, so broken. "Close the door!" Marcus ordered Cali. Cali swiftly ran to the door. "Papa Joes tomoro at three that when Marcus goes to work." She whispered rapidly. "I'm not gonna just leave you Cali!" Austin retorted. Cali looked into his eyes and gave a teary smile. "You dont have a choice!" and with that she closed and locked the door. "Cali...Cali!" Austin yelled. No answer.