Chapter 8

"Please Marcus I have to get ready!" Cali cryed. Marcus looked up into Cali's eyes with a giant smile. "Your right you do have a big part in tonight's performance!" He chuckled to himself and got up. He was about to leave, but he turned around and barked "Get cleaned up and don't dress like a little slut!" Cali nodded and ran to the shower. She turned on the water and jumped in. So many questions fired off in her head. What was going to happen to Austin? What was Marcus gonna do to her after Austin... She couldn't even bring herself to think in such a horrible way. "Austin..." Cali whispered to herself.

Her lips tingled as she said his name. She liked Austin alot...She really liked Austin, and if he got hurt again. Cali remembered when Marcus first hurt Austin.  "You son of a bitc..."Marcus yelled leaping at Austin. Austin was laid out on his back while Marcus with no hesitation repeatidly punched Austin in the stomach. Austin rolled over, got away from Marcus and kicked him in the face. Marcus pulled Austin back and punched him in the face.

Cali shivered and turned off the water. It was already seven thirty she had to hurry. After she got dressed she did her makeup. She put foundation on herself to hide the bruising, but it was no use. Marcus had left his mark. "Cali, here now!" Cali cleaned up the bathroom and walked out to Marcus. He eyed her over and pulled her into his chest. "I love you Cali" Marcus said kissing her neck. Cali pulled away, but Marcus gripped her arm, making Cali wince in pain. "I...I love you too Marcus"

Cali almost whispered. Marcus grinned and they made thier way to the car. The car ride was silent. Marcus leaned over and stuck his hand on Cali's leg making her tense up. "Its ok babe it's only little ole me" Marcus replied grinning. Cali hoped out while Marcus parked the car. Cali made her way to Austin who was only about ten feet ahead. She had to let him know. Just as she was a few feet away Marcus came up behind Cali and wrapped his arm around her waist tightly, making Cali jump. "Don't start the party without me!" 

~Austin's POV~

Cali and Marcus made their way to the door. She tensed up as Marcus wrapped around her. God I hated him. I made myself smile as I looked at Cali. "Hey Cali...Marcus" I glared at him and he nodded smirking stupidly. "Well you gonna just stand their like an idiot or are we gonna get a table?" Marcus laughed. I tightened my fist keeping it down and not in Marcus's skull. I smiled and pointed towards the door. As we walked in Cali whispered "I really need to talk to you", but Marcus pulled her to the other side of him and smirked towards me. We sat down and I couldn't help, but looked Cali's way. She had a tired, sad exspression on her face. I frowned and asked a question I hated asking, but my curiosity got the better of me! "So how did you guys meet?" Cali looked at me puzzled, eyes wide and I soon regreted asking. Marcus glanced at Cali. "Tell him babe!" He sloppily bit down into some bread. He was such a pig! Cali swallowed and began a story I regretably wanted to hear.

~Flash back~

"I love this song!!" Maggie screamed. "Go dance birthday girl!!" Cali laughed. Maggie practically ran to the dance floor, pulling some lovesick guy she met with her. Cali turned around and ordered a Martini. "Sexy!" Cali turned around and there he was! "Exscuse me?" Cali asked. "The Martini, it's a very sexy drink...for a very pretty woman!" Cali couldn't help, but blush. His thick brown hair fell perfectly down by his cheeks and his eyes sparkled in the light. "And you are?" "Marcus...Marcus Tanner" Marcus looked at her for a moment. "Oh my gosh Im sorry,Cali...Cali Moffett." Marcus laughed and Cali loved it. His laugh was so dorky and adorable. "Would you like to dance?" Marcus yelled over the loud music. "Sure one sec!" Cali threw back her head and chugged the rest of her martini! "Impresive!" Marcus laughed pulling Cali onto the dance floor. At first Marcus was a little rusty, making Cali burst out laughing. Cali put her hands on his hips. "Just move with the music" she laughed.