Chapter Seven

It was Tuesday. After a crazy Monday night with Sammie and the other girls I couldn't wait to go back to school, with pretty much a whole new status. I woke up early to straighten my hair so it was pin-straight and I even added just a little bit of eyeliner. Sammie says 'you can dress up in pictures but never go to school looking like a clown wearing too much makeup'. I also wore my new black sequin tank-top and red mini skirt that the girls bought for me, of course paired with silver wedge sandals and a necklace made out of silver chains. I smiled at myself in the mirror and headed down the carpeted stairs. "Whoa!" my mom shrieked, stunned, as she took a good look at me just as Noel's mom's car pulled into the driveway.

"Is that you Jordan?" She joked petting my hair "Just remember: school is for learning. Not boys, not drama and NOT drugs". "Mom, I love you! And I'm not EVER doing drugs. EVER!" I say kissing her on the cheek and heading out the door. Noel just about screamed when she saw me. Her soda-fountain pink glossed lips dropped and she gazed at me. Her eyes drifted from- the straightened fringe in my hair to my OPI blazing red toenails. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it because I sure as heck did. "Wow! Where were u last night? Some parallel universe where Sammie Hills is actually Jordan Phillips?" Noel jokes poking my ribs. "Actually I was at Ally's house." I say flatly. "What!?" Noel whispers biting her lip "Ally Millington? Little red head? Kind of flat chested?" "God Noel shut up, at least she isn't a poser like 'Wannabe Michelle Wardell with the Ally Millington Hair'" I snap back. Noel rolls her eyes and pushes herself back in the car.

Neither Noel nor Mrs. Cates talked to me the whole ride to Karman and when I got out no one even ogled that much. A few girls stared and started to whisper to each other and a few guys nodded their heads. "Jord!" I heard someone yell. I turn around to face Lauren Weatherly yelling my name and waving her hands in the air. Her short dirty blonde was straightened and fell just a little bit below her chin. Unlike the rest of the girls, Lauren didn't wear makeup only a tiny but of mascara. "Oh my god! Are you ready to TOTALLY humiliate Amy Braun after school!" Lauren said sounding almost excited. "Yeah, uh, sure" I say as we walk towards the rest of the group at the front doors. Sammie was wearing a pink sparkly tank top and denim shorts with her hair pulled up in a messy-bun and almost NO makeup. Savannah and Ally looked similar too- messy hair parted to the side with their bangs in the front and not a lot of makeup...well probably the same amount as me.

"You guys look...different" I say pulling out my math notebook. "Oh us?" Sammie smiles "Well I mean we can't look 'over powering' next to you, a soon-to-be Alpha girl like you need a day where people actually stop and stare...and NOT look at her friends". Then it clicked, Sammie and the girls were doing this to make ME look good. They wanted me to look hot standing next to anyone, even SUPER-BABES like Sammie and Savannah and Ally and Lauren.

(A/N Bonnie Wright ; playing Noel Cates ->)