As Long As Your Safe...

Touka's Pov
-----------------
I was woken by someone reaching for my hand. I groan an turn to face the most amazing person ever.
"Morning Beautiful." he says
I yawn and sit up in our bed.
"What time is it?" i ask questionly.
He takes out his phone and I get a sneak peak of his screen saver. It's my favorite picture of us, It's when we went to the park and had an amazing picnic... Well it didn't go as planed...

- Flashback -

He held my hand and we walked into the most gorgeous park in the entire ward. We sat down on the bit on grass that wasnt covered in park equipment and he places a basket on the pink, checkered blanket he laid out. After unpacking, we both sat next to each other with our hands interlocked. With my spare hand i grabbed one of the nicely flesh prepared sandwiches that Kaneki made. I took a rather large bite and it was delicious. We finally finished eating and we decided to head home as it was late and we had worked very hard so we needed to rest. We were around 3 blocks away from Anteki when we saw 3 doves. We hid in the shadows but it was too late.. They had seen us... They fired their queeques at us and we managed to dodge it. Kaneki got his kagune out and started to attack them. Two of the doves teamed on him and stabbed him in the chest.
"Touka...Run..." He says.
A tear runs down my cheek. I cannot let my love die by a Dove!
I scream and my kagune comes out. The anger fills me inside and I kill one of the doves. The other two stab me around 4 times... Kaneki gets up and limps before he attack the doves with all his strength...

- Flashback Ends -

"Touka-chan... Are you ok?"
I don't reply as I'm to indulged into my memories of that night.
I feel an arm go across my waist which sends a chill down my spine. Kaneki rests his head on my shoulders and kisses my neck.
"Touka, What's wrong?"
I look him in the eye and a tear runs down my face.
"Are you ok?" I say.
He looks confused as then opens his mouth to say "What do you...?"
"You nearly died yesterday to the doves!" I didn't let him finish his sentence.
He sighs and then hold me harder and strokes my hair. "Touka if I didn't get up you would have died and i can't let that happen.."
I don't reply and I just bury my head into his chest. "I was so scared!" i muffle from in his chest.
He seems to understand what I said and he kisses my head.
"Touka.. as long as your safe... Nothing matters."
I cry and I make his shirt wet. He pulls my away from his shirt.
"Oh look... Now you got my soaked!"
We both laugh and we interlock into one another.
"I love you..." He whispers.
"I love you too..." I reply.