Chapter 004: Guilty as Charged

Ding-ding-ding!
School had ended as all the students sighed in relief thinking of the fact that they can finally head home. Fortunately for Koichi, he got a new bike, so it was easy for transportation to home. As for (Y/n), Josuke, and Okuyasu, they had no choice but to walk home. The girl had been introduced to Josuke's neighbor, which she had learned to be named Okuyasu. The yakuza-looking teenager was quite nervous with the presence of the opposite sex, which (Y/n) seemed to notice and thought it was somewhat cute. The three students waved 'goodbye' to Koichi, leaving them to be the last people left.
---
"My house is right down the street," said (Y/n) in a calm tone. Her thin finger pointed at the end of the street, waving 'goodbye' to her two muscular friends. But, then, she saw someone in her view with... Koichi? Then, at that second she saw that man with Koichi, she felt an arm pull her backwards until her back met something rather soft.
It was Josuke.
(Y/n) didn't really know why, but she had felt a bit of warmness around her cheeks. "Hey, you," called out Josuke, "What're you doing?" It was just then Okuyasu and Josuke gave the shady-looking man a cold glare, only to leave the poor girl gaze at them confused.
Koichi cried in relief, "J-Josuke! Okuyasu! (Y/n)!"
"Whatever you took from Koichi's wallet just now... give it back. An adult, stealing from a high-school kid? Why can't you just earn it yourself?" retorted Josuke. The man, surprisingly, didn't do anything but tell him to stay out of it.
"Nah, no can do... We don't need garbage stinking up our town, you know? From what I just saw... There's garbage here that can use some cheapass stand gotta bag that shit and toss it out," insulted Josuke.
Damn, dude, do you need ice for that burn? As Josuke and the man argued, Okuyasu and (Y/n) decided to be of use. (Y/n) wrapped her arms around Koichi's waist as Okuyasu held the ends of the lock. (Y/n) nodded as a cue to pull it out. The two pulled from both sides with all the force they had, but their attempt had failed. "Man... I really can't pull this shit out," complained Okuyasu.
(Y/n) sighed, "Yeah, gives me the spooks... Even though, I technically can't see it."
The man faced them and looked at then in shock, "You guys can see it too? How many other people can see it in this town?"
"That's what I'd like to know, responded Josuke, "but for now, can you please just take the lock off him?" The three just kept throwing burns and arguments at each other like crazy.
"You really think that 7 thousand yen is gonna cut it, for killing that poor cat? No way, Koichi... You're gonna have to pay at least 500 thousand yen," stated the man. Koichi looked at him in utter shock in realizing that he had wanted him to pay 500 thousand yen for something he did on accident. (Y/n) was staring at him with her "really, bitch?" face. 500 thousand yen? You're kidding, right? But, she did notice how much of a good conman he is. She hoped that Koichi would get out of this mess. After that, the man met something- Okuyasu's fist. His face was pounded so hard that blood came flying out of his mouth. All of a sudden, the man just stupidly hit his head on a metal thing (idk what that's called) and the side of his mouth met contact with the ground of the sidewalk.
"Oi, what the hell are you doing? Falling on your own there..." said Okuyasu as he nervously laughed at the scene, "That was totally your fault." The man coughed up blood, which was much disgust to poor (Y/n) who had to be involved for no reason. That's when Koichi realized.
"Okuyasu..!" he warned, "You can't feel 'guilty' about what you did to him!" Suddenly, a lock appeared out of Okuyasu's chest and he was very nervous at this point. Cold sweat trickled from the poor teen's forehead. The man laughed, taunting the teens. (Y/n) backed away and accidentally stepped on something- a bag full of blood? She gasped in surprise and raised her foot away from the horrifying bag. Josuke's footsteps went closer as (Y/n) glanced up to see his rather gigantic pomp. "Can you maybe.. move over, (Y/n)?" questioned Josuke. The girl nodded and moved out of the way as Josuke lifted a fake plastic cat inside the bag.
"Hey... is this the 'cat' Koichi ran over?" asked Josuke, which gave surprise to the man. Just after that, Josuke came up to the man and healed his tooth. Soon enough, all the locks were released. The man cowardly backed away and ran as far as he could. At least he was out of the way... for now. Koichi rushed to his wallet and saw that nothing but the corners are gone.
"Th-these bills! He just left the corners of them! He took the rest! Even f I bring these to the bank.. They won't give me new ones!" panicked Koichi. It would be normal to panic in this situation, anyway.
"That bastard.." muttered (Y/n).
"I mean, it's not my money, but... that bastard!" said Okuyasu.
As the two teens left and waved goodbye, (Y/n) was quite worried for Koichi. "Are you sure you're okay with it, Koichi? I-I'll even give you money if you'd like!" she awkwardly said. She wasn't exactly good at saying things such as this out of pity. Koichi refused her offer and (Y/n) had no choice but to go home.
---
The next day, (Y/n) was walking her way to school until she stopped to see... that shady man fron yesterday carrying Koichi's stuff? "W-what are you doing here?" worriedly spouted out (Y/n) in concern of her friend's well being.
"I'm assisting sir Koichi! You're the lovely lady from yesterday, am I right? I'm Kobayashi Tamami," introducing himself as he kindly bowed to her. She gasped in surprise, but was also quite flattered. Her face started warming up slightly as Koichi nervously laughed. What a day.
(A/N: Kill me omg I wrote like 970 and then WattPad decided to delete everything except the first paragraph. AUGGGH So, yeah, it might be short opposing to the original ver.)