07 | just strawberries & soup

A few days after their dinner at Giovanni's, Peter, Tony, and the rest of Team Iron Man flew to Germany to resolve the conflict with Team Captain America

While Peter was risking his life to impress a certain Tony Stark, David and Erika were able to restore their friendship. They became best friends once again, just like before.

Right before Peter left with Tony, she asked the latter to do her a favor and take care of Peter due to the fact that he was too young for the battlefield and the poor kid also had to finish his homework once he got back home. However, that was not possible which brings us to where Erika was right now.

"Ow!" Peter winced as Erika helped him sit up.

"I'm so sorry that you had to be a part of whatever went down at Germany." Erika looked at him with apologetic eyes. Tony shouldn't have recruited him in the first place anyway. He was just a kid.

Peter smiled and replied ecstatically. "Well, it was surely an experience. I met freakin' Captain America! A-and this guy with the metal arm.. it was so badass."

"You mean Bucky?"

Peter gave Erika a weird look and said, "No, I meant the Winter Soldier."

Erika hummed in response as she placed a tray with soup and toasted garlic bread on his bed, courtesy of his aunt May. "Eat up," she leaned toward him and whispered, "Spiderman." She moved away and giggled as Peter frowned playfully.

Peter showed Erika the gadget he had on his wrist, light emanating from it. They looked up to the ceiling of his room and saw a logo, a Spiderman logo. May then came in to check up on Peter and brought him some ice for his black eye. Erika had to watch as Peter tried to make up a story about how he got a swollen eye. She tried to keep in the laughter because she didn't want to give away Peter's alibis. If she had laughed, both of them would be in trouble, Peter more than Erika.

After asking May to shut the door, Erika and Peter had a little bit of a conversation about the logo projected on the ceiling earlier before his aunt came in. Erika also asked about his condition to which Peter blushed. She cares.

He felt a bit feverish when he got back from Germany which resulted to a few school absences and his aunt May preparing soup for him 24/7. As soon as Erika found out about his excused absences, she went knocking on their apartment door and decided to take care of him. After all, this was because of her cousin and she felt that she owed Peter a favor in Tony's name. That favor just came into the form of taking care of him during his recovery.

Peter told her that he was all done and Erika volunteered to bring it back to the kitchen where May was. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Peter was starting to feel uncomfortable with his current sitting position so he decided to move, however him being his clumsy self, his forehead bumped onto Erika's as she was getting the tray.

"Ow!" "Oh my god, Erika! I'm so s-"

Peter was cut off when he noticed the distance left between them. Their noses and foreheads were slightly touching. Peter's cheeks grew red while he saw Erika's eyes trail down to his lips for a millisecond. Peter knew that it was time for him to make a move, to try and make him and Erika a thing, just like he originally wanted. Seize the opportunity, right?

The thing was he wasn't fast in things like these, sure he could catch things with his webs in a blink of an eye but this was very much different. Erika took it upon her to lean in and to kiss him. Peter's arms circled around her waist and let her sit down on his lap while Erika's hands cupped his cheeks. She pulled away for a bit to breathe when Peter decided to be a man about it and kiss her again.

He couldn't shake off the feeling of his lips against hers.

"Uh, that was.. wow." Erika said as she pulled away of Peter's grasp and removed her hands from his cheeks. She felt her cheeks become hot and soon enough, she and her whole body felt warm so she fanned herself, "Is it just me or is it just really warm in this room?"

Peter chuckled, clearly finding all this amusing. His crush was blushing because of him!

"Yo-you taste like strawberries." Peter said quietly which made Erika stop fanning herself. She put her hands on both sides of her waist and said, "As a matter of fact, the lip balm I used was strawberry-flavored. Oh and you tasted like chicken noodle soup."

"Peter?" Erika snapped her fingers in front of him for he was caught in a trance.

Peter blinked, obviously confused. It finally dawned on to him that it wasn't real; the kiss was just a fragment of his imagination and adoration for this girl, and how he wished it was way more than that.

---

WAS IT TOO SOON TO HAVE A *insert their ship name here* KISS

imaginary but still

i felt the need to put one in becAUSE THEY'RE JUST TOO CUTE AND WE ALL NEED A *insert their ship name here* MOMENT

PLEASE SUGGEST SHIP NAMES HERE FOR THEM TO LET THIS SHIP SET SAIL

aND BFODKDBWOSODJWK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 7K SOMETHING READS I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SOSOSOSO MUCH