08 | just asking & being asked

"David! David, hey!" Erika ran down the stairs and to him as he stepped out of the car to fetch her from her school

"David! David, hey!" Erika ran down the stairs and to him as he stepped out of the car to fetch her from her school. It was finally a Friday and they were planning to hang out at his house and play video games in his own arcade.

"What's got you so excited, huh?" David smiles, gives Erika a quick side hag, and asked seeing as he rarely sees Erika this excited. Erika then looked through her school bag and brought two tickets out. She smiled sheepishly at David as she somehow shoved the tickets in his face.

David, clearly confused as to what those tickets were for, asks, "What are those?"

"You. Me. Homecoming." Erika says all too quickly for David to clearly understand. She wanted to spend her time with the best friend she recently reunited with at her homecoming ball this year. Erika then handed the ticket to David while he looked down on it. He quickly scanned it swiftly and then understood that she was inviting him to her ball.

It was the first time he got asked to a ball since he was usually the one asking the girl. He took the ticket and overwhelmingly nodded at the confident girl right in front of him. The beautiful confident girl he knew all his life. He blushed at that thought and pushed it away for the moment while Erika pulled him into a tight hug.

"I can't wait to spend it with none other than my best friend!" They both pulled away and David kept his arm around her shoulder while they finally got in his car and drove to his house.

Once Erika got in the car, her phone vibrated against her side which caused her to practically dig through her school bag with one hand while her other hand was putting on the seatbelt. "Hello Alfie!" She greeted the man in the driver's seat as he saluted to her through the rear view mirror of the black vehicle. "Good day, Miss!"

When Erika finally got her phone, she saw a message notification from Peter. She punched in her passcode to open the message.

Peter 🕷
So.. I bought two tickets to Homecoming. :)
3:54 pm

Me
Cool! Who are you taking? :D
3:54 pm

Peter 🕷
I was planning on taking this girl..
3:55 pm

Me
Oooh, who is this girl? ;)
3:56 pm

David, from the front passenger's seat, looked back at Erika whilst holding his ticket and said, "I can't wait for this, Erika."

"Neither can I," Erika smiles politely at him and looks back at her phone.

Peter 🕷
I was planning on taking you..? :|
3:56 pm

Peter 🕷
I mean.. it's okay if you don't want to. I understand. :)
3:56 pm

Peter 🕷
It would be cool if you would come with me though.. I mean, think of it as a thanks for taking care of me.
3:57 pm

Me
Peter..
3:59 pm

Peter 🕷
Is that a bad thing..?
4:02 pm

Me
I'm so sorry but I can't. :/ I'm going with David. I'm so sorry. :(
4:04 pm

Peter 🕷
Oh. I see. David. You guys have fun, okay?
4:04 pm

Me
You too. See you in school tomorrow, Pete. :)
4:05 pm

Peter 🕷
Yeah.. see you.
4:10 pm

Erika locked her phone after and took a deep breath. David must've noticed because he then asks her. "You okay there?"

"Yeah." Erika gave him a small smile and couldn't help but wonder.. did she make the right choice of inviting David?

She finally came to the thought that she definitely made the right choice. Of course she did, she was her best friend and he was hers. Add the fact that she wouldn't want to spend her homecoming with anyone rather than him. It was also a way to make up for the 3 years they hadn't been in contact with each other.

On the other hand, Peter hoped he had asked her before she asked David. In that way, he would've had the chance to give her the extra ticket he bought. Who would he give it to now?

---

I KNOW I KNOW

I HAVEN't UPDATED IN A WHILE BUT I HOPE THIS MADE UP FOR IT

OMG WHO AM I KIDDING THIS WAS SUCH A SAD CHAPTER

I'M SOrry JEODKNWKSONC ILY GUYS

THANK YOU FOR 200+ FOLLOWERS AND 10K+ READS OMGEJSKDNKWKS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST I SWEAR

p.s. what do you think? did erika make the wrong choice? why? comment below!