Chapter 7

The Next Day
----------------------
The next day, I walked to school as normal. When I got there, I went to math class. We did our class assignments and the bell rang. Time for science. We were learning about fossil fuels, how they're made and why they are used. The bell rang in the middle of class. Time for swim class. I went to the girls locker room and got my diving suit out of my locker. I went to the restroom to change when I noticed it. I put my suit on and went to the mirror so that I could put my hair into a bun. I looked in the mirror and noticed that my irises were neon purple. And, glowing. I walked out of the restroom and passed through the locker room. I saw a girl in swim class named Nicky Rodriguez. "Cool contacts!" She said. She talked with a lisp so it was hard to understand her sometimes. "Thanks, Nicky." I said annoyed. The swim teacher called me up. "Tundra. You will swim all the way across. Since you were out, you have to do that. I am timing you. You have to have a time of at least 59 seconds. If you go above 60, you will have to redo it." I got prepared to dive. I dived in and took a deep breath underwater. Wait. I was breathing?! I was breathing underwater. Oh, yeah. In human form and fairy form I have my powers. I swam across without using super speed. I stuck my head out of the water. Mrs. Rogers looked at me. "10. 18 seconds." She said. I was glad. I hadn't cheated. I went back to my spot that I had been standing in. A girl beside me with shoulder length blue-ish black hair looked at me. "Hello, Tundra. Heh heh. You probably know me. Why did you leave?" She said. I looked at her, confused. "Aren't you new here? How do you know me?" I asked. She smirked. "What's my name?" She asked. I looked at her surprised. "WINTER?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOOD. ALL THIS TIME YOU WERE EVIL?!" I screamed. She shook her head. "Tundra. It's not like that. Stop." She scolded. I couldn't take it. I sped out of that school as fast as I could using super speed. She ran after me, though. I looked behind me and saw her. I stopped running suddenly. I went back to her. She was crying. Instead of tears, she was crying frozen tears. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND! ALL THOSE TIMES I SHOWED YOU AROUND THE FAIRY WORLD YOU WERE JUST USING ME?!?! I-I thought you were my FRIEND!" She screamed, still crying. I gasped. Now tears of ice were pouring out of my eyes, too. "Winter. I am your friend. You are the best friend I thought I would never have! You showed me around Magica and I appreciate that! You would be like this, too if you only had adopted parents. I'm sorry about what happened at the Café. I just wanted to get back home. I'm... s...sorry for b-being rude to you." I said. I was now the only one crying. Winter was now looking at me in awe. I sunk to the ground, crying. I just lay there, crying while she looked at me. She pulled me up suddenly, and gave me a hug. I smiled through tears. Real tears now. Not the ice tears. "Let's go back to Magica. Want to?" She said. I nodded. We both said the fairy spell in our heads and headed to the portal. We flew holding hands.